GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game created with 10.1 broken in 10.3

smallingsmalling Posts: 72Member, PRO
I need to update a game created with 10.1 and it has several functions that won't work with 10.3. I remember a thread not long ago with a similar issue, but I couldn't find it. The game works great in 10.1, but I don't think I can publish with that version. Do I just start rebuilding all the rules, etc? Or is there something I need to look at first? I don't see anything that I would do differently if I started all over.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    you can rebuild with 10.1 if you still have it installed. if you haven't emptied your trash it will be in there. have you tried the nightly builds? they have fixed a number of bugs found in 10.3

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• smallingsmalling Posts: 72Member, PRO
    I still have 10.1 installed. I haven't tried the nightly builds yet - my pro license ran out and I'm a little short right now, but I play to renew soon. Can I publish with 10.1?
  • kolabokolabo Posts: 240Member
    Had exactly the same issue with one of my games. Works perfectcwith the latest nightly build.
    Try it.
    yes you can still use 10.1 if you want.

Thanks guys for the help. I'll have to stay with 10.1 until I pay my pro fee - hopefully that won't be too long.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,380Member, Sous Chef
    Do you use tables? They reworked some functions and tables cannot reference a 0 value. That tripped up a bunch of people
    Thanks, jonmulcahy -that's the thread I remembered. I do have tables but none with a zero value. I'm still confused by that. I just released a game created in 10.3 that had 0 values in tables, but everything worked great. Does it only apply to older games not created with 10.3?
    Its not a zero value in the table. Its if it ever references column 0 or row 0 which don't actually exist.

Got it! I understand now. Thanks everyone.