GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Tell Me What You Think Of My Game

JordeyyJordeyy Posts: 409Member
edited September 2013 in Working with GS (Mac)
Half way through my game tell me what you think of this picture

You shake the phone to start the bike

Then rub wher it says "Rub" to make the bike move

The faster you rub the faster the bike goes

You jump off the ramp and tilt your device to balance the bike

Then see how far you can get
You also get points to buy upgrades

Tell me what you think so far and how i could make it more addictive ?

Comments

• JordeyyJordeyy Posts: 409Member
    Its not fully finished yet :)
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKPosts: 1,893Member
    I like the bike and biker but the helmet looks a little too big for him. I'm guessing you also know that you have seams in the background too.

It sounds good though, please keep us updated with new pics, and clips :)
  • -Timo--Timo- Posts: 2,313Member

I like the bike and biker but the helmet looks a little too big for him. I'm guessing you also know that you have seams in the background too.

It sounds good though, please keep us updated with new pics, and clips :)

I have changed the background now and i thought the helmet looked pretty descent , like not to big but not to small if you get me ?
    Jordeyy said:

I have changed the background now and i thought the helmet looked pretty descent , like not to big but not to small if you get me ?

If you're happy with the helmet then that's all that matters :) I was just giving my opinion :)

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Posts: 822Member
    Looks awesome so far :) only thing I don't like is the main menu :( its a bit dark and gloomy for a game like this, maybe make the buttons more bright like the ones in the gameplay, just my opinion :)
  • colandercolander Posts: 1,610Member
    I agree with Kevin the helmut doesn't look right it is almost as big as the wheels. Maybe have another look at the sizing between the bike, rider and helmut.

I like what you have done so far and keep us updated as you go.
    edited September 2013
    I think the helmet has the right size but the bike has to be a little bigger. but I think it's also good like this :) it's just a mini-bike :D do you already have a name for it?

I think the helmet has the right size but the bike has to be a little bigger. but I think it's also good like this :) it's just a mini-bike :D do you already have a name for it?

I was thinking of calling it Biker Mayhem

And have you got any tips of what else to do to make ot addictive ?
    edited September 2013
    Jordeyy said:

I was thinking of calling it Biker Mayhem

And have you got any tips of what else to do to make ot addictive ?
    nice name :)

how to make it addictive? hmm... that's a good question. lol. :)
    -add a story into the game so people want to know how the story will end.
    -a shop so people want to play the game to get money and buy stuff (upgrades maybe?)
    -different background/levels?
    at least something so people want to play it :) and want to know what comes next
    Edit: read this http://www.video-game-addiction.org/what-makes-games-addictive.html :D

i am very bad in explaining. lol. :) hope you understand

edited September 2013
    Would anyone consider creating all new art except the bike ?

Also how would i go about making a balance thingg like this

So you have to try keep the bike balanced in the green area

(I have drawn the balance thing on on my iphone to show you )
    edited September 2013

I was going to have it so the more money you get the better bike you can buy from the store and as the bikes getter better they also get larger

So at the start you have a little bike like in the picture ( like a mini moped bike )

Jordeyy said:

I was going to have it so the more money you get the better bike you can buy from the store and as the bikes getter better they also get larger

So at the start you have a little bike like in the picture ( like a mini moped bike )

thats a great idea :)
    edited September 2013

Jordeyy said:

Thanks also have you got any other tips ?

Do you think i should replace all art except the biker ?
    Jordeyy said:

Jordeyy said:

no I don't think you should replace all the art. I like the background and the buttons so don't replace them :) maybe you can replace the art of the cars but thats not a big problem because it does look nice anyway :)
    if you can post a gameplay video then maybe I can give some tips but for now I can't give more tips :)
    PS. very nice menu :) did you made all the art yourself?
  • FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Posts: 822Member

no I don't think you should replace all the art. I like the background and the buttons so don't replace them :) maybe you can replace the art of the cars but thats not a big problem because it does look nice anyway :)

I totally agree, the arts great, don't replace it all :)

Jordeyy said:

Jordeyy said:

if you can post a gameplay video then maybe I can give some tips but for now I can't give more tips :)
    I had a little help but most of its my own art

Jordeyy said:

Jordeyy said:

Here is a video

• anatomyofdreamsanatomyofdreams Posts: 723Member
    Whoa whoa whoa @jordeyy I just watched the video and you may want to ease back on those jump physics... like a lot! Did his tiny little jump just send him 2.5 miles into the air? The controls seem inventive (shake, rub, etc.) but you may want to look into those physics.
    very nice :) yes I should definitely should make a button where people can choose between tilt and buttons. and also the art looks really nice, also in gameplay. so keep it please ;) maybe make it more realistic? jump higher and come down faster?

Whoa whoa whoa @jordeyy I just watched the video and you may want to ease back on those jump physics... like a lot! Did his tiny little jump just send him 2.5 miles into the air? The controls seem inventive (shake, rub, etc.) but you may want to look into those physics.

I am making the physics for an avg/fast bike then later toning them down for slower bikes if you get me ?

And im going to divide it by 10 so 3000 pixels is 300 metres

Is the idea of the game good

And do you think from what you have seen , it could be popular ?
    I have to agree with @anatomyofdreams, the jump looked far too unrealistic, even for a fast bike. He remained on the same level horizontally for quite some distance, and then he sort of stopped in mid air and hovered down at the end.

You might have a fun game there if you can make the jumps believable.

I have to agree with @anatomyofdreams, the jump looked far too unrealistic, even for a fast bike. He remained on the same level horizontally for quite some distance, and then he sort of stopped in mid air and hovered down at the end.

You might have a fun game there if you can make the jumps believable.

Ok i will work on making more realistic gravity

Has anyone got any tips on how to make it more realistic
    @jordeyy it all depends how you implemented gravity into your code. I would definitely scale it down by a lot. I mean when you look at the game, doesn't it appear like he's just flying as opposed to a semi realistic jump?
    However, IF you like the game as is (and that's fine), perhaps add a space background and make it something like "Bike Mayhem... IN SPACE!" haha. Kidding aside, that idea might actually work. And it would explain the insane physics. It could make it very unique.
    But again this all depends on what you as the developer want.

@jordeyy it all depends how you implemented gravity into your code. I would definitely scale it down by a lot. I mean when you look at the game, doesn't it appear like he's just flying as opposed to a semi realistic jump?
    However, IF you like the game as is (and that's fine), perhaps add a space background and make it something like "Bike Mayhem... IN SPACE!" haha. Kidding aside, that idea might actually work. And it would explain the insane physics. It could make it very unique.
    But again this all depends on what you as the developer want.

I could make the one at the moment a bonus level so you go further ?
    No I only suggested space if you want to keep your physics as is. Believe me, your bike shouldn't be going any further than it already it is. Good luck with it my friend!

No I only suggested space if you want to keep your physics as is. Believe me, your bike shouldn't be going any further than it already it is. Good luck with it my friend!

So i added accelerator downwards and made it every 0.1 seconds at 9000 and it didnt realy do much so i put it to 150000 and it goes down but not in a natural way it looks like this

And i want it to be like this

Have you got any advice ?
    ?
    I haven't looked at the cannon template for a while but won't that give you the arch you require? That should be one of the free example projects that comes with GameSalad. Like I say, I haven't looked at those templates for a while so I may be wrong
    @KevinCross is right, I just tried that template, and it worked perfectly, its the perfect template for your game :)