GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

free gamesalad no load times menu template + tutorial

CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaPosts: 1,078Member
hey everyone today I have made a tutorial on making a gamesalad menu system with no load times,
eg; you click credits and it takes you to the credits page, all in one scene.
I made this tutorial as simple as i possibly could in the shortest amount of the time that I could,
this tutorial doesnt envole much code at all meaning basically no lag, so have a look at my tutorial and tell me what you think
thanks.
the video tutorial:

the template (best to watch tutorial then download)
https://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#myfiles

and there is much more tutorials to come, i will also be posting photos in a different post of my upcomming game, stay tuned.

Comments

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Posts: 633Member
    Yea, but that username tho..! 8-}

0011 0010 0011 0010 0010 0000 0110 1101 0010 0000 0111 0011 0110 1001 0110 1110 0110 0111 0110 1100 0110 0101

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Man It's great your giving free stuff to the community but I feel that you need to change your username. There is an official GS staff member with the correctly spelled version of your username. No need to cause any confusion. If you know what I mean.

Cheers
    Aaron

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Posts: 6,577Member, Sous Chef, PRO

+1 :P

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,687Member
    edited October 2013
    I agree with the user name, this is something a lot of us already know about but i do welcome tutorials so keep them coming.

+1 for the PC tutorial there's not too many of them around (i think) and there's a lot of PC users so credit for that and hope you make more.

Darren.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Posts: 1,803Head Chef, Member, PRO
    That is not me.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Posts: 1,803Head Chef, Member, PRO
    My critique on that video though is to not to unlock instances. That's one of my pet peeves.
    All the camera control actors behave the same way. If its own ID is the same as a game ID, run the Control Camera behavior. Instead of unlocking the actor, make the prototype have that behavior all built and replace that hard coded ID with an actor attribute instead. Change that actor attribute on each of the instances to the appropriate ID.
    That will cut down your coding a lot, and if you have to modify the camera control actor later for something else, you don't have to do that for every instance.

Otherwise, the general idea of using the Control Camera to have multiple views on the same scene is sound.
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaPosts: 1,078Member
    edited October 2013
    sorry for the username guys i didnt know, but i have changed it.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKPosts: 1,893Member

My critique on that video though is to not to unlock instances. That's one of my pet peeves.

Mine too! For reals!
    sorry the link in the post was incorrect, if anyone wants to download the template its here http://www.mediafire.com/download/wtalmnbjm9nr72f/no+load+times+menu+system.rar
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Posts: 1,584Member
    Who cares about the name? Great tutorial!

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon