GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*** The game is running very slow on adhoc *** what can be the reason ?

Hi,
I tried my game on adhoc, it's running very slow and almost freezing every few seconds, what can be the reason ?
Anybody knows why ?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• BibyBiby Posts: 28Member
    Hello GS,

I'm trying all day to use **EVERY X SECONDS TIMER REPLACEMENT** for the: self.motion.linearX.
    For some reason it's not moving.

I was using
    When: Game.Right is true ,THEN >> Timer: Every 0 Secs >> Change attribute self.motion.linearX TO 400.

How Can I replace with self.time or mod1 ?
    Please Help
    Thanks in advance
  • marplumarplu Posts: 412Member, PRO
    Why would you want to use "Every 0 seconds" in the first place? Just change self.motion.linear.X to 400 if the boolean is true, otherwise change it to 0; if you want it to be non-stop 400, you might try constrain self.motion.linear.X to 400. Hope this helps! :)
    When I press the key to make the actor move right, if no timer then the actor run the animation without moving on the X-axis, if there is a timer then the actor moves on the x-axis, and I don't prefer using the GS built in timer.

I would prefer to use the self.time to improve the performance :)
    @tatiang

Hi,

I figured out my game based on timers,
    All rules based on timers.

I tried all day to use the: **EVERY X SECONDS TIMER REPLACEMENT** for the: self.motion.linearX and Y.
    For some reason it's not moving if I deleted the timers.

I was using
    When: Game.Right is true ,THEN >> Timer: Every 0 Secs >> Change attribute: self.motion.linearX TO 400.
    Otherwise: 0

When Game.Left is true ,THEN >> Timer: Every 0 Secs >> Change attribute: self.motion.linearX TO 400.
    Otherwise: 0

When game.Jump is true, then >> Timer: Every 0 secs >> change attribute:
    self.motion.linearY to 300.

Without timers the actor runs the animation without moving on X or Y axis

How Can I replace with self.time or mod1 ?
    Please Help
    Thanks in advance
  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,699Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    You shouldn't need timers at all. Just change the actor's velocity and the actor should move in that direction.

You may need to provide more details or a link to download your project file because from the limited explanation you gave I don't understand why you are using timers. Are these for on-screen buttons?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,699Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    You have two threads for the same issue. Please don't create multiple threads. I am combining the two.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User