GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble installing gs viewer on iPad

I think I followed all the necessary steps to deploy (test) my game on my ipad and everything goes ok until I run the Gs viewer from Xcode.
Once I hit run (as described here: http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/tutorials/3/parts/61), instead of seeing the gs viewer on my connected ipad, my mac launches a simulated iOS (ipad)...and I have no idea why. The ipad is connected via USB, I can see it in my iTunes. Please help :(

Thanks,
Adam

Best Answer

Answers

• adamrnjadamrnj Posts: 19Member
    Ok, I made some progress, but still getting an error. This is what I get when trying to start GS viewer on my iOS device, any clue what I can try next?
    -----
    No provisioned iOS devices are available with a compatible iOS version. Connect an iOS device with a recent enough version of iOS to run your application or choose an iOS simulator as the destination.
  • DuesDues Posts: 1,159Member
    Maybe you made a build for a later iOS then what you have installed on your device?
  • TouchiMediaTouchiMedia Posts: 154Member
    You need an Apple ios developer profile - $100 a year. It is unrelated to gamesalad. Apple requires all iOS tested devices to be signed up to a developer profile.. it can be abeit confusing at first ;(
    I have the Apple profile and my ipad registered under it. I generated the cert, provisioning profile, everything I thought
    was supposed to be done. All good until trying to run/install gv on my ipad. I got the very latest iOS on it and made the GS built for iOS7 as well...very disappointing how difficult it is to test (at least initially).
    If, for whatever reason, the built is off, how do I check/make sure the built of GS matches the iOS version of my iPad?
    Thanks in advance.
  • DuesDues Posts: 1,159Member
    Hmm...Im not very good with Xcode,but I remeber having the same problem once... I got the simulator showing. Cant remember how I solved it, but Im sure it was an easy fix. Sure you targeted your device when building?
    Thanks guys. Got it working. It's always the simplest thing. In Xcode I would see my ipad as a device but it was not enough to make it work. As soon as I checked the the option to mark it for 'development' it started working.
  • Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Posts: 2,343Member
    Well you marked my answer as answered but I dont think I actually did...but maybe steered you somehow. Glad it working.
  • adcam303adcam303 Posts: 2Member, PRO

Thunder_Child, I was having the same issues as adamrnj but no more thanks to you!