GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

im so green i make grass look normal.

squisheesquishee Posts: 4Member

Hi All
im a very new dev who has always loved computer games (yes that means im old..lol)
so im goiing to be asking loads of noob questions. so i hope i can find a groups of ppl who will help me out, when i have somthing stupid to say.. im hoping to set up a company and be able to work from home so i can help out as my son has ASD, and my daughter is undergoing diagnose for ADHA..

cant want to chat to new like mind ppl.

cheers

simon

Comments

• POMPOM Posts: 2,599Member
    edited May 2014

Welcome and best of luck, I'm sure many will gladly help you here.
    Just to add.. Keep in mind that the app stores are like battlefields these days, so don't expect to make a living out of making games from day one, it's an ongoing process that requires hard work and dedication.

Roy.

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef

Welcome, @‌squishee

Make sure to read the cookbook, and take a look at the literally hundreds of youtube videos on using GameSalad, they will come in handy. And there are plenty of us old timers here, so don't feel alone! Isn't that right @quantumsheep @tatiang @jonmulcahy @gyroscope and everyone else I forgot?

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,549Member
    edited May 2014

Hi Simon, welcome and good luck!

And I'm in the 'old timer' crowd as well I'm afraid.... ;)

Edit: Maybe we should start an 'old timers club'!

• TosanuTosanu Posts: 388Member, PRO

Welcome from someone only a bit less new than you! Have fun!

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,845Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

@SlickZero said:
    Welcome, @‌squishee
    And there are plenty of us old timers here, so don't feel alone! Isn't that right quantumsheep tatiang jonmulcahy gyroscope and everyone else I forgot?

Oh man, called out! Yes, my first console was... an Apple IIe. :wink:

Welcome!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,966Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

Welcome, @squishee!

• gamestudentgamestudent Posts: 504Member, PRO

All these old guys :) I can barely remember the original XBOX.

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member

@SlickZero said:
    Welcome, @‌squishee

Make sure to read the cookbook, and take a look at the literally hundreds of youtube videos on using GameSalad, they will come in handy. And there are plenty of us old timers here, so don't feel alone! Isn't that right quantumsheep tatiang jonmulcahy gyroscope and everyone else I forgot?

I am, of course, timeless :)

Welcome, @squishee :)

I would caution against relying on making games as your main source of income. Sure you can do it, but it's really bloody hard.

My main advice would be the same as @Pom 's and I'd add: have fun creating stuff, and if you get some cash too then awesome :)

Best of luck to you!

QS =D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: http://www.quantum-sheep.com

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

"im so green i make grass look normal."

Grass is normal. :)