Release 0.10.5 Stable Windows Now Available
It has been a long time coming, but we are happy to announce a new version of GameSalad Windows Creator 0.10.5.
- New optimized Preview for Windows Creator. This version should give a better representation of your project as well as run more smoothly.
- Revamp of the way Windows Creator handles project saving:
- All file related operations have been given a retry mechanic and UI feedback for failures which allow the user to correct and retry the operation.
- Project backups are now located in a subfolder of the game project called .gsbackup
- The project backup only contains files that will be updated / overwritten during save. This stops all images and sounds from being copied multiple times during save.
- If creator opens a project that has a valid backup (due to a power failure or whatnot) then it will prompt the user to restore the backup.
- The disk copy of images and sounds is synced to the in-memory view of the project now. This was not being done before which caused deleted images and sounds to be saved forever (even when not being used).
- Removed the timeout for uploading projects to Web Publishing (was previously 100 seconds). This should resolve issues with large projects and/or slow connection speeds.
- Fixed an issue where the Key condition was not allowing manual typing of commands which prevented users from making a Tizen back condition.
- Fixed issues with Desktop Scaling and Creator. Setting Desktop Scaling to 125 or 150% will no longer cause the Attribute Browser or Expression Editor to be hidden from view. Preview will also now scale properly and will no longer cause tablet-sized projects to be cut off at the bottom.
- Fixed an issue with strings in expressions not preserving whitespace when publishing Windows built projects on a Mac. This was a two-part fix so it also requires the latest version of Mac Creator.
- Fixed an issue with asset name confusion when loading Mac projects. You should now more reliably be able to import projects from the Mac version of creator provided the versions match. NOTE: You will not be able to import projects from Mac Creator 0.11.x into Windows 0.10.5. However, you should be able to import from Mac 0.10.4.1 and below.
- Fixed hard-coded directory paths that causes Creator to crash if run from a drive other than C:
- Fixed potential crash on start if the web listener is disposed on clean-up.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if Windows Creator was run from a directory with a space in the name.
- Fixed a crash when selecting multiple actors with either CTRL or Shift.
Note:Due to stability issues, the Dashboard has been intentionally removed from this version.