GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farewell, and thank you.

To clarify, I'm not leaving immediately. I pledge to finish my current project. But as of today, I am studying Construct 2. GameSalad is wonderful, I only started making games in January this year, and I could not recommend GameSalad more. GameSalad is super intuitive, easy to use and easy to publish.

Why am I leaving? I am a hardcore Nintendo fan, and Construct 2 gives me the opportunity to publish to the Nintendo Wii U eShop, and allows for slightly more powerful games. However on the downside it will be a little trickier to use.

I will most likely return to GameSalad in future for short, quick mobile projects. So this is a thank you to the GameSalad chefs and the amazing community. I'll still be around for a little while, just less.

So again, thank you, you are all wonderful. Have fun with your projects!

Comments

  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Posts: 6,577Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    edited June 2014

    Hello and goodbye, @ReMasteredGames I wish you well in all your game-making endeavours, especially publishing for Nintendo U which you want to do.

    Nice to have a cheery and positive goodbye compared with some others who've left and flamed GS so much I got scorched... :smile:

    We'll all still be here to say hello again if or when you return. :smiley:

    ""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

  • AlkaPPAlkaPP Posts: 194Member, PRO

    "Construct2 allows for slightly more powerful games" As you said you only started since January so you might still be a Gamesalad novice. Have you ever been a Pro member? There are some powerful features that only designed for pro member. You might have a different thought when you know more about Gamesalad.

    My Gamesalad Games On App Store:

    Greedy Chubby: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/greedy-chubby/id834371213?ls=1

  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,536Member
  • ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Posts: 101Member

    @gyroscope said:
    Hello and goodbye, ReMasteredGames I wish you well in all your game-making endeavours, especially publishing for Nintendo U which you want to do.

    Nice to have a cheery and positive goodbye compared with some others who've left and flamed GS so much I got scorched... :smile:

    We'll all still be here to say hello again if or when you return. :smiley:

    Thank you! The community here is amazing, and I love GameSalad, which is why I felt I needed to give a kind hearted farewell :)

  • ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Posts: 101Member

    @AlkaPP said:
    "Construct2 allows for slightly more powerful games" As you said you only started since January so you might still be a Gamesalad novice. Have you ever been a Pro member? There are some powerful features that only designed for pro member. You might have a different thought when you know more about Gamesalad.

    I have not (but that's due to pricing). I understand there are some great features that I have not had the opportunity to use, I just mean it's more powerful in terms of performance, not features. However I admit GameSalad is more intuitive, hence also more fun. Which is why I'm confident I'll be back for occasional projects :)

  • ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Posts: 101Member

    @jamie_c said:
    Good luck with whatever game engine you use! :)

    Thank you! Also thank you for you're recipe tutorials! Those videos are the only reason I was able to learn GameSalad in a short amount of time :)

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,119Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

    @gyroscope‌ said: Nice to have a cheery and positive goodbye compared with some others who've left and flamed GS so much I got scorched... :smile:

    You stole the words right out of my mouth! I was just thinking that before I read your comment.

    @ReMasteredGames‌ -- Sorry to hear you're leaving, but hope to see you around in the future!

    P.S. -- thanks for not spewing flames at GS even though you're leaving.

  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member

    I didnt really like construct or stencyl but I hear a couple of guys from the UK have been working on a powerful drag and drop game engine and they're currently adding joints to it but don't tell anyone :)

    Darren.

  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member

    Good luck, hope to see you around from time to time

  • KiwiLeeKiwiLee Posts: 181Member

    I could not see any reference to nintendo publishing on the construct website.

  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Posts: 1,274Member

    Good Luck! Adam (MeltingSkyStudios) left GS last year and moved to Construct and his new games (not released yet) are amazing.

  • ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Posts: 101Member

    @KiwiLee said:
    I could not see any reference to nintendo publishing on the construct website.

    https://www.scirra.com/blog/136/construct-2-support-for-wii-u-now-available

  • ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Posts: 101Member

    @BazookaTime said:
    Good Luck! Adam (MeltingSkyStudios) left GS last year and moved to Construct and his new games (not released yet) are amazing.

    Thank you!

  • ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Posts: 101Member

    @beefy_clyro said:
    Good luck, hope to see you around from time to time

    Thank you :)

  • ReMasteredGamesReMasteredGames Posts: 101Member

    @KiwiLee said:
    I could not see any reference to nintendo publishing on the construct website.
    @ReMasteredGames said:
    https://www.scirra.com/blog/136/construct-2-support-for-wii-u-now-available

    It's not done directly through Construct. The game is made in construct, and is published and tested through the Nintendo Web Framework.

Sign In or Register to comment.