GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good ways to make a demo video?

Hey I am just about to release a new game and was wondering what are some good tools to use to make a demo video look clean and professional? And Im also looking for the tools to not be so expensive. Anyone got anything?

Comments

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,960Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

    I use Reflector to record the game on my device, and then I port that video over to iMovie or another editing software for the final touches and effects.

  • 3DMA3DMA Posts: 162Member, PRO

    Do you use Mac or Windows?
    For both you could use Jing, if you are on mac i can highly recommend camtasia.

  • Thanks @Braydon_SFX I think I'm gonna go buy reflector now I've used it a few times and really like it!

  • Thanks @3DMA Ive never heard of of those programs ill go check them out

  • POLYGAMePOLYGAMe Posts: 3,470Member

    @Braydon_SFX said:
    I use Reflector to record the game on my device, and then I port that video over to iMovie or another editing software for the final touches and effects.

    How's performance with Reflector? I just looked at a video of a guy playing a game through it and it was extremely jerky...

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,960Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

    @POLYGAMe said:
    How's performance with Reflector? I just looked at a video of a guy playing a game through it and it was extremely jerky...

    I think it's smooth as silk, honestly. Here's the trailer I did with Reflector and iMovie -- nothing special, but shows what a few dollars can do for you.

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    edited July 2014

    @Braydon_SFX said:
    I think it's smooth as silk, honestly.

    Yes, I agree with everything (anything) Braydon says . . . . . . (that's it, that was the final one, now can I have my badge ?)

    :smile: :D :p :# ;)

  • POLYGAMePOLYGAMe Posts: 3,470Member

    @Braydon_SFX said:

    Awesome, I'll check it out. Nice looking game, BTW!

    Just out of interest, how grunty is your Mac? I only have a 2012 Mac Mini (8GB RAM)... hopefully enough to capture video?

  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member
    edited July 2014

    I use reflector also and it's awesome. Highly recommend it. I use reflector, Final Cut Pro and Apple motion for my trailers.

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,960Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

    @Socks said:
    Yes, I agree with everything (anything) Braydon says . . . . . . (that's it, that was the final one, now can I have my badge ?) :smile: :D :p :# ;)

    ...Fiinnnne...

    @POLYGAMe‌ said: Awesome, I'll check it out. Nice looking game, BTW!
    Just out of interest, how grunty is your Mac? I only have a 2012 Mac Mini (8GB RAM)... hopefully enough to capture video?

    Cheers! My Macbook Pro is 3 or 4 years old; 2011 model I believe...

Sign In or Register to comment.