GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spawning 'actors' at random locations that grow to random sizes

EcnalyrEcnalyr Posts: 3Member
edited 8:41AM in Working with GS (Mac)
I need to spawn actors (they will be bubbles) in my game at a random location that will grow from a very small size to a random size between a specified setting (like the bubbles are getting 'blown up'). I also need these 'bubbles' to be 'blown up' at different speeds (some faster, some slower).

So I specifically need to do the following:

Decide where to spawn object at random;

Determine the size the object will grow (random width/height with min/max);

Determine the speed the object will grow;

Then the object needs to actually spawn and grow;

How would I do the above?

Thanks.

Comments

• RHRH Posts: 1,079Member
    Next time have a quick check through the behaviours list ;)

I believe there is a change size behaviour, in fact, i know there is as I have just used it.

As for the spawning, create a spawner actor and create a rule on it so that (i don't know when you want it to spawn so lets say...) every 1 second spawn actor. Use the random function so that in the X position it looks like 'random(0,XXX)' and in the Y position it looks like 'random(0,YYY) . XXX and YYY being the X limit and Y limit of where they should spawn.
  • EcnalyrEcnalyr Posts: 3Member
    Ok, I found the change size behavior, works great. (I'm sorry I didn't see this in the behaviors list before)

I cannot, however, figure out how to make them spawn every 1 second like you suggested. I can make a rule that can do something when game.Time = a certain integer, or is >, <, etc. . . but I cannot figure out how to get it to spawn something every x amount of seconds.

What am I missing?
  • EcnalyrEcnalyr Posts: 3Member
    Nevermind, I've discovered the "Timer" behavior. This is all getting more familiar. . .
This discussion has been closed.