GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if... App not paid without ads...

gamestudentgamestudent Member, PRO Posts: 504

Suppose I made a game and made it available for free without ads? Is there a way I could set up a way to recieve donations? I want to support the artistic integrity of my games, but I want to monatize as well. Any thoughts?

Comments

• MattButlerStudiosMattButlerStudios Member Posts: 486

Set up an IAP that says donations welcome. The IAP could be set to $0.99 and people could choose to buy as many times as they wish.

You could also set up a link that routes to a website or donation page. This feature is more time consuming, but it is definitely an option.

• gamestudentgamestudent Member, PRO Posts: 504

@MattButlerStudios said:
    Set up an IAP that says donations welcome. The IAP could be set to $0.99 and people could choose to buy as many times as they wish.

You could also set up a link that routes to a website or donation page. This feature is more time consuming, but it is definitely an option.

That is a nice Idea! Thanks a lot!

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,301

@MattButlerStudios said:

I think Apple would not approve that. They might see it as you trying to avoid their 30% cut.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Jep. It is written that in-app's can not be pure donations in the apple world.

I always write support the Indie together with a remove the ads option 0.99

That works