GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crystal clear images designed in Photoshop and transferred to gamesalad

Hey guys I'm designing my first complete game and need my graphics to be spot on! But when I bring the images(saved for web devices & png 8) they are not clear. What am I doing wrong, someone please help?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    edited December 2014

@Ceoready_45 said:
    Hey guys I'm designing my first complete game and need my graphics to be spot on! But when I bring the images(saved for web devices & png 8) they are not clear. What am I doing wrong, someone please help?

You are not saving your images for the internet ('web') or 'devices', you are saving it for Creator which is neither a website nor a mobile device ! So no need to do any kind of conversion/compression at this stage, just save it as a normal PSD file.

Also, 8bit colour depth is not supported by GameSalad.

And . . . by 'not clear' do you mean the images look blurred ? A before and after picture would be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

• POLYGAMePOLYGAMe Posts: 3,470Member

Also, images need to be power of 2, for example 8x8, 16x16, 32x32 and so on. I believe GS uses bilinear filtering, so if you want nice looking retro, chunky sprites, you'll need to import them at a much larger size or they will blur when scaled up. Hope this helps :)

• willkeslingwillkesling Posts: 123Member, PRO

In photoshop when you save your .png files save them as PNG-24 with transparency checked. Generally I will save all of my images at least double the size they are going to be in the game. I do this so if I want to make the actor come forward ( on the z ) It won't get blurry.