GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embedded Rule to Change Scene Requires An Additional click to Go To Next Scene

WhymmWhymm Posts: 1Member, PRO
edited March 2015 in Tech Support

What the title says.

rule on touch
interpolate alpha to 1
rule on alpha is 1
change scene

I have to click on the screen again after the alpha reaches 1 before it'll start the next scene.

What I've had to do is instead of using the embedded rule to change scene, I toggled a boolean attribute and then had a external rule that detects the toggle change to change the scene like so:

rule on touch
interpolate alpha to 1
set attribute to true

rule attribute is true
change scene

Comments

• gamestewgamestew Posts: 11Member

I think GS has a hard time reconciling(get) alpha. so you need to make it atatribute based like this :
    If touched and Transparency = 1 then make transparency=0

and a separate rule, that says, if transparency is>= 1 change self.alpha to 1
    (alpha in GS is on a scale from .01-1.00

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,844Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

rule on touch
    interpolate alpha to 1
    rule on alpha is 1
    change scene

You're telling the actor to Interpolate its self.Color.Alpha value when Touch is Pressed. If you click on the actor, it's not going to change to 1 instantly. You'd have to hold down the mouse/tap until it reaches 1.

If you want the actor to always interpolate self.Color.Alpha to 1 when clicked, set it up like this:

When Touch is Pressed
         Change attribute self.boolean to true

When self.boolean is true
         Interpolate self.color.Alpha to 1

When self.color.Alpha = 1
         Change Scene

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User