GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downloaded GS app after publishing but having xcode issues

chelsebenhamchelsebenham Posts: 9Member
We have been working on this problem for a while and can use some help.

We completed our iPhone app, created all the certs we needed and successfully published to GS. We then tried to upload our GS app into iTunes Connect but ran into an error stating that the file did not contain a ".app bundle." Has anyone run into this problem before? We are at a stand still until we can solve this issue. Is there something we need to do with the file in xcode after GS publishing? If so, how?

Any links to forums or instructions pertaining to this issue is also appreciated.

Thank you,
Chelse

Comments

  • design219design219 Posts: 2,273Member
    Are you zipping the file before upload?
  • chelsebenhamchelsebenham Posts: 9Member
    The is downloaded from GS and then zipped before uploaded. Where does the 57x57 icon go and what exactly is included in a ".app bundle?"

    thanks for the speedy reply.
  • chelsebenhamchelsebenham Posts: 9Member
    Here is the error we are getting, "The binary you uploaded was invalid. It did not contain a .app bundle." Has anyone else run into this problem?
  • chelsebenhamchelsebenham Posts: 9Member
    We finally found a link to a wiki page explaining what should be included in our xcode file which is downloaded from GS (http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:convert_to_xcode). When we change file extension to .zip and double-click to uncompress we only see one .gameproj file and nothing else that a picture shows in the xcode link above (ex: icon, provisioning license, build folder, etc.). Our project received no errors when publishing to GS so everything should be fine. Please advice.

    Thank you,
    Chelse
  • hrsmediahrsmedia Posts: 522Member
  • chelsebenhamchelsebenham Posts: 9Member
    Ok. problem has been solved thanks to the GS crew. The file that we were compressing was the downloaded file from the GS:Manage Portfolio page and not the file downloaded after publishing.

    Thanks GS!
This discussion has been closed.