GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with art, music, sound, games

Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

Hi! I am Qwest4Life. I need help/advice to help me make Art,Graphics,Music, and Sound to my games. Also I need some help on creating games. Like actual good ones. Please help me. :s :*

Comments

  • RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Posts: 956Member
    edited July 2015
  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,734Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

    Please use descriptive titles (and not ALL CAPS).

    Also, you need to be more specific. We can't just "help you make art" or "help you make games." There are many helpful people on these forums but you need to provide a few more details about what you're needing.

    New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

  • Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

    OH! Okay. So um...what i mean is I need help to know like what softwares can i use to make art for gamesalad and how do you get music of your choice. Stuff like that.

  • LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

    @Qwest4Life said:
    OH! Okay. So um...what i mean is I need help to know like what softwares can i use to make art for gamesalad and how do you get music of your choice. Stuff like that.

    http://www.gimp.org and https://inkscape.org/en/ are both free programs to make art.

    As for music and other assets http://opengameart.org that @RabidParrot linked to and http://soundimage.org are some good sites

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Posts: 343Member, BASIC
    edited July 2015

    Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are what I use for art/graphics. However, they do take some time to learn. adobe.com/Photoshop

    Also, for sound I use GarageBand. Which may take some time to learn as well... :/

    I do get some sounds from FreeSound.org

  • Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

    @Lovejoy said:
    As for music and other assets http://opengameart.org that RabidParrot linked to and http://soundimage.org are some good sites

    @Lovejoy said:
    As for music and other assets http://opengameart.org that RabidParrot linked to and http://soundimage.org are some good sites

    @tatiang said:
    Please use descriptive titles (and not ALL CAPS).

    Also, you need to be more specific. We can't just "help you make art" or "help you make games." There are many helpful people on these forums but you need to provide a few more details about what you're needing.

    @RabidParrot said:
    http://www.opengameart.org

    Thank you guys. This is helping alot! Thanks for helping a Newbie Like me. :D

  • As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Posts: 343Member, BASIC

    @Qwest4Life No problem! We all gotta start somewhere :).

    What kind of games are you into?

    I would check out your favorite games and pay attention to all of their smallest details. From the way characters move, to when sound effects play. That seemed to help me with some inspiration.

  • IceboxIcebox Posts: 1,483Member

    Adobe flash is an excellent choice i think , since it is easy to use and meant for 2d animation

  • Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

    Nitendo Games! All Nitendo games. And Fnaf. So I have insperation for a game but what do i do with it?

  • Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

    @As Of Latte said:
    Qwest4Life No problem! We all gotta start somewhere :).

    What kind of games are you into?

    I would check out your favorite games and pay attention to all of their smallest details. From the way characters move, to when sound effects play. That seemed to help me with some inspiration.
    @Qwest4Life said:
    Nitendo Games! All Nitendo games. And Fnaf. So I have insperation for a game but what do i do with it?

  • IceboxIcebox Posts: 1,483Member

    @Qwest4Life i still didnt create my game and few months ago i was asking the same questions myself, i love 2d nintendo games and wanted to make a platformer, im still working on it but here is what i did ,

    i looked into all of gs tutorials on youtube and tried to understand them really well, then i tried to figure out what ill need , for example; ill need to learn how to make double jumps , how to control character , how to save game how to create a menu , just to know my limits so that when i start making my game i dont get stuck. Then i started learning how to animate and how to draw , and i used adobe flash for that. Then I searched every where for free music to use in my game, and there are alot of nice websites for that.

    So after 4 months of teaching myself how to make all of this i finally started and its been few months since i started, but thats just me i like taking my time. There might be different ways to start things, it all depends on how you would like to do it.

  • Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

    Is there any websites that have no download and you make art on them?

  • LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

    @Qwest4Life said:
    Is there any websites that have no download and you make art on them?

    You can try http://pixlr.com/editor/

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

    WHOOHO! THAT HELPS SO MUCH! TAHNK YOU!

  • Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Posts: 42Member

    (Lol Tahnk you. Thank you)

  • tiger27tiger27 Posts: 127Member

    @Qwest4Life For graphics and art, I would recommend photoshop or, less commonly use, paint. For sound and music, I know on a mac you can use garage band, and on windows you can use softonic. Finally, there are lots of cool stuff on the marketplace. I'll leave all the links below.

    Photoshop: http://www.photoshop.com/

    Paint: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/paint

    Garage Band: https://www.apple.com/mac/garageband/

    Softonic: http://en.softonic.com/s/windows-audio-maker-7

    Marketplace: http://marketplace.gamesalad.com/

    Hope these help!

Sign In or Register to comment.