GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom Loading Image

So my app is on the android market and has a custom loading image. I know for sure the image is fine but when I play my game on a phone the custom loading image is cropped from the sides or it zooms in a bit so it cuts off the ends. My setting for the devices is on stretch. Does that have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Luke20wLuke20w Posts: 50Member, PRO

You need to make the change the image to the size of the android screen. I don't know what that is but I'm sure it will be easy to figure out. Use this site to resize your image. It may be stretched a little but it is better than having it cut off. http://www.picresize.com Hope this helps!

• FaarisFaaris Posts: 66Member, PRO

@Luke20w I mean when publishing, it said I could upload as 800x1280px, which I did. So I assume that is the android screen size which is why I am confused as to why it is cutting off

@Lovejoy ohh ok, thanks!

• stragstrag Posts: 547Member, PRO

Just make the custom image the same size/aspect ratio of your project within Gamesalad. It should then display as expected.

• AdvenireSoftwareAdvenireSoftware David Russell Pennsylvania, USPosts: 4Member, PRO

My project is having the same issue. It was a problem with my other app that I released over a year ago. Recently, my loading image still zooms but now goes black and displays white text "Loading". I am hesitant to promote my app on Amazon and Google stores because it is extremely unprofessional looking. It is hard to be viewed as a credible company when the user sees unprofessional graphics right when they open the app.

@AdvenireSoftware Yes! That is my situation exactly, very frustrating