GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats better? 1 or 2 apps?

Hello,

I was wondering if its better:

  • 1 app with an in-app purchase to have the app banner free
  • 2 apps, 1 bannerfree app and 1 banner app with link to banner free app

What do you advice me?

Thank you.

Comments

  • BigDaveBigDave Posts: 2,239Member
    edited August 2015

    I assume you talk about "free" = ad monetised version and an premium version without any ads but priced

    there is really no right or wrong

    it depends on what game you create and what makes most sense to this specific case

  • dammiedammie Posts: 24Member, PRO

    Yes thats what i was trying to say :-)

    I guess you just make an exact copy of the ad monetized version and get ride of all the ads to make the priced version?

    And then add some stuff to the priced version if you like?

    Thank you

  • BigDaveBigDave Posts: 2,239Member
    edited August 2015

    as you like :)
    but yes definitely have a mix of banners and interstitial ads for the free version to make money, I live mainly of my ad revenue
    I started to have more in-apps in my games but still ad revenue is
    80% the other 20% the in-app purchases

  • RCT_GamesRCT_Games Posts: 97Member, PRO

    Could always do a free version with ads at first as a way to check for any bugs you may of missed and then once your sure there's nothing there release a paid one. Since nothing's worse then buying a app that has issues. That's my plan anyway.

    Could always make a custom banner of your own that shows up sometimes that links to the paid version or maybe a remove ads button. That way you can help direct people toward the paid one.

  • LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

    @RCT_Games said:
    Could always do a free version with ads at first as a way to check for any bugs you may of missed and then once your sure there's nothing there release a paid one. Since nothing's worse then buying a app that has issues. That's my plan anyway.

    Could always make a custom banner of your own that shows up sometimes that links to the paid version or maybe a remove ads button. That way you can help direct people toward the paid one.

    If going the 2 apps model:

    Releasing the free version first before the paid one is not a good strategic business model. You will be limiting your potential paid sales. You release your paid app first, to try and get your paid sales. A week or 2 later you then release the free version, to sort of remind the app store about your paid app.

    Otherwise, by releasing the free app first, it most likely got quite a few downloads and people are most likely to not really care about the paid version later since they already played your game.

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • RCT_GamesRCT_Games Posts: 97Member, PRO

    @Lovejoy yeah that's very true, I was thinking more of those people who hate ads and would rather buy the game over having the ads.

  • dammiedammie Posts: 24Member, PRO

    Sounds nice!

    In this case i launch 2 separated apps which will help me.

    Any other good strategies for selling my app?? :wink:

Sign In or Register to comment.