GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Universal Binaries

I have created my gamesalad project in Iphone 6 portrait , and just wondering if universal binaries is possible to do with iphone 6 portrait and if anyone has a method. Ive been looking around and most people have been saying that Ipad portrait was the place to start. Does this mean i need to restart my whole project and change it to Ipad portrait?

Best Answer

Answers

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,115Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

@Rakim121 said:
    I have created my gamesalad project in Iphone 6 portrait , and just wondering if universal binaries is possible to do with iphone 6 portrait and if anyone has a method. Ive been looking around and most people have been saying that Ipad portrait was the place to start. Does this mean i need to restart my whole project and change it to Ipad portrait?

No, you can still use the Overscan method but you may need to go into your HUD actors (pause buttons, scores at the top of your screen, etc) and position them depending which screen the game is being played on.

Additionally, you could use the Stretch option.

Or, you could use one of these free demos:
    http://gshelper.com/product-category/free-templates-and-tutorials/universal-binaries/

• NalycanNalycan Posts: 96Member, PRO
    edited August 2015

It is best (period) to start off with an iPad project because of its big working screensize. All others give you a smaller space to work with. Later on you can use overscan or stretch method to get it working on other smaller devices. Also learn how to detect devicesizes so that you can adjust actors to each device.