GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Social Media apps?

Well my dad challenged me to see if I could make a social media application but I have no clue to how to even start this. I know gamesalad is for coding applications but I want to know if I want to make a social media app through this if its even possible? The only difference I see from instagram and a gaming app is just a sever that'll hold all the information. If not could you guys give me a website or a software program that can make a social media app? Do you think xCode can make something like instagram?

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,301Member

That's a really tough challenge. You are talking about server side account management and authentication, device (account) cross-communication.

Not only would I never attempt anything of this sort in GameSalad (as powerful as it is for games and some non-game apps), but even as a project, it's way above making just an app -- you are basically designing and implementing a whole service.

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Posts: 797Member

@http_gamesalad said:
    Well my dad challenged me to see if I could make a social media application but I have no clue to how to even start this. I know gamesalad is for coding applications but I want to know if I want to make a social media app through this if its even possible? The only difference I see from instagram and a gaming app is just a sever that'll hold all the information. If not could you guys give me a website or a software program that can make a social media app? Do you think xCode can make something like instagram?

Tell your dad that it doesn't do that... lol