Not sure if this is SFW.

• ncarlson29ncarlson29 Member Posts: 17

Interesting

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,914

Wow major Trademark issues there.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, BASIC Posts: 5,656
    edited September 2015

Wow major Trademark issues there.

I don't think she'll mind, she doesn't keep a close eye on her brand.... ;)
    (sarcasm alert)

• iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy Shit New York CityMember Posts: 310
    edited September 2015
    **satire** _noun sat·ire \ˈsa-ˌtī(-ə)r\_
    a way of using humor to show that someone or something is foolish, weak, bad, etc. : humor that shows the weaknesses or bad qualities of a person, government, society, etc.
    ie: A game about Kim Kardashian's buttocks could be considered a satire because it is a social commentary about the vacuousness of today's celebrity obsessed culture, reality TV, and media in general.

What do you think? Do I have a case? Is it in the tradition of Mad Magazine, National Lampoon, The Simpsons, South Park? Should I not show her face? It doesn't have her name on it.

Let me know your comments.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, BASIC Posts: 5,656

What do you think? Do I have a case?

You probably have a case but I think the real question is if you are hit with a cease and desist order do you really have the power and money to defend your case against her lawyers if it came to that?

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Hmmm...Well considering that she is more a less a brand and has a legal team dedicated to preserving IP....and considering that her own app brought about interesting legal mumbo jumbo.... That was all about likeness.....

Landmines....

@iKandy said: **satire** _noun sat·ire \ˈsa-ˌtī(-ə)r\_
    a way of using humor to show that someone or something is foolish, weak, bad, etc. : humor that shows the weaknesses or bad qualities of a person, government, society, etc.
    ie: A game about Kim Kardashian's buttocks could be considered a satire because it is a social commentary about the vacuousness of today's celebrity obsessed culture, reality TV, and media in general.

What do you think? Do I have a case? Is it in the tradition of Mad Magazine, National Lampoon, The Simpsons, South Park? Should I not show her face? It doesn't have her name on it.

Let me know your comments.

That is not satire and satire is hard to prove unless you have lawyers.

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Mad Magazine does its potrzebie by changing the names and bits and pieces here and there. That is easier to qualify as satire.

Regards,
    Moxie

• iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy Shit New York CityMember Posts: 310

The game is a parody. "A parody is a work that imitates another work for the purpose of ridicule or ironic commentary. The US Supreme Court recognizes parody as a protected form of free speech, and parodies are even given special rights under copyright law."
    reference: http://spankmymarketer.com/parody.html

edited September 2015

Hey you can do what you want.. It's not my a$$ on the line ;)

• app_sauceapp_sauce Member, PRO Posts: 206
    edited September 2015

The thing about the law is that it benefits those who have good lawyers. So you may say it's a parody. But, her lawyers may say it's something different. Chances are her or her lawyers won't do anything. You should try to post a link of it to her twitter account see if you can get some traction there.

You should also have a 20% chance of the face being a Caitlyn Jenner looking face.

SocializeTwitter , **My Site ** **Play Loop Zen Free **iOS HERE, Google Play HERE

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Chances are nobody will notice or care.............

Worst case is a "remove" order..........

Is this a true parody? In my opinion it is not....... but my opinion is nothing...