GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blurred and pixelated text on retina display iPhones

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times on here, but I've been having a problem where when I sign my app and transfer it to my phone, any text that I have using display text shows up as blurry and pixelated. I've checked and I do have resolution independence checked, and interestingly, two other people who are testing my app, who have iPhone 6's, don't have the problem. I have a 6+. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it the fact that I'm using a 6+? Lemme know if you need any more information. The type of iPhone was the only information I thought would be useful, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance.

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

Answers

• ChechesoftChechesoft Posts: 157Member, PRO

Is the size of your art divisible by 4? If not, that can be the problem

• ADSentertainmentADSentertainment Posts: 397Member
    edited November 2015

@Chechesoft No this involves the text (although I know exactly what you're talking about). if it affects text, I still highly doubt it's the problem since it's only on my iPhone 6+ and not my testers' iPhone 6's.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaPosts: 840Member

How does it look on iPad?

@gattoman I'm not sure. I haven't been able to run it on one yet.

• JayteeJaytee Posts: 79Member

This problem also occured to me, but i found out that checking the "Legacy Resolution Independence"-box was the reason for the blurry text - i don't know if it'll help in your case though.

@Jaytee I don't think so since others don't appear to have a problem. Unless your issue was identical to mine where your phone didn't smoothen the text, but others' phones do.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 408Member, PRO

@ADSentertainment
    Try removing any decimals from the X and Y positions of the actor that displays the text.