GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why is gamesalad so slow

my gamesalad is really slow. the color wheel can spin for minutes just when trying to edit a scene

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Posts: 1,483Member

They are working on a fix , its a known bug hopefully it will be fixed soon

• phamtasticphamtastic Posts: 354Member, PRO

Wow.. this bug is bad. Can't work on my game until this is fixed.

• 33miles33miles Posts: 71Member, BASIC

@chelgeson What version of OS X are you running chelgeson? I've read performance is bad with the latest GS and el capitan 10.11.5. But I have 10.11.4 and for some reason my GS experience is more sluggish than I can ever remember it being before... :'(

• SmallBytesSmallBytes Posts: 18Member, PRO

Any updates on this issue, i have had to stop work on all projects until this is resolved. Gamesalad has become un-usable for me.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporePosts: 206Member, PRO

Same GS has become completely unusable. I am now rocking back in the forward in the corner in a foetal position. Apparently a fix is on the way! It's much needed.

• BrainSmashBrainSmash Posts: 2Member, PRO

I'm glad you all brought this up. I thought I was the only one or even worse that my game was getting too old or too big. I just upgraded to El capitan and pretty much regret it.

• SmallBytesSmallBytes Posts: 18Member, PRO

Just got this from Gamesalad Support:

Hey there!

A fix has not been found yet, but we're actively working on it. This issue was brought about by the Mac OS X update 10.11.5.

To work around it in the meantime you can get a virtual machine that is running a previous version of Mac OS X (like 10.11.4) and work using that, or if you have access to a Windows machine, you can work using GameSalad's Windows version.

I guess we wait.

• siriogarciamsiriogarciam Posts: 1Member, BASIC

I bought my membership with GS and I bought one iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. But I can't work in my games, this is very slowly.... I found all comments here, now I know GS is Working with OS X 10.5.....

• aurynstaraurynstar Posts: 41Member

Ah. Glad it's not just me. Happy to hear they are working on a fix. Completely un-usable!