GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragging an object and let it go with the velocity before released

Creator97Creator97 Posts: 140Member
edited June 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Ok so my question is simple and what I want to do kind of works in my project but so weird that the object sometimes goes in the wrong direction when I let it go.

So I have an actor what I can drag around on the x axis with an offset (I can grab the actor where I want without having to deal with the problem that it constrains to the Mouse Position when I touch it.) and now when I don't press it anymore I want that it keeps moving with the velocity before I released it in the direction I dragged it.

Best Answer

Answers

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

    Constrain Liner Velocity X to 30*( game.Mouse.Position.X - self.Position.X )

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    edited June 2016

    With offset ("O"):

    Change O to mouse x - self x
    Constrain Liner Velocity x to 30 *(mouse x - self x) -30 * O

  • Creator97Creator97 Posts: 140Member

    @Socks said:
    With offset ("O"):

    Change O to mouse x - self x
    Constrain Liner Velocity x to 30 *(mouse x - self x) -30 * O

    (**** you did understand me wrong. You thought that I want to keep it constraining to my mouse position after I released it? I want to let it move freely after that.)
    What I want to achieve :smile:
    Actor A:
    When touch is pressed it constrains to my mouse position (with the offset) on the x axis. Now I start dragging it with a speed 'z' and then I release the object, so touch isn't pressed anymore it's now released. Now I want that the object keeps moving with the 'z' speed on the x axis in the direction I dragged it.

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

    @Creator97 said:
    you did understand me wrong.

    Did you try the suggested code ?

  • Creator97Creator97 Posts: 140Member

    @Socks said:

    @Creator97 said:
    you did understand me wrong.

    Did you try the suggested code ?

    of course and it keeps constraining to the mouse position even if touch is released.
    So you didn't understand me wrong?

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

    @Creator97 said:

    @Socks said:

    @Creator97 said:
    you did understand me wrong.

    Did you try the suggested code ?

    of course and it keeps constraining to the mouse position even if touch is released.
    So you didn't understand me wrong?

    Can you share a quick screenshot of your rule ?

  • Creator97Creator97 Posts: 140Member

    @Socks said:

    @Creator97 said:

    @Socks said:

    @Creator97 said:
    you did understand me wrong.

    Did you try the suggested code ?

    of course and it keeps constraining to the mouse position even if touch is released.
    So you didn't understand me wrong?

    Can you share a quick screenshot of your rule ?

    of my rule that didn't work or of the rule I copied from your post?

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

    @Creator97 said:
    of my rule that didn't work or of the rule I copied from your post?

    The rule I suggested.

  • Creator97Creator97 Posts: 140Member

    @Socks said:

    @Creator97 said:
    of my rule that didn't work or of the rule I copied from your post?

    The rule I suggested.

    ok here is it.

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    edited June 2016

    Your rule (in the linked image) is nothing like what I suggested ! :) I have one change attribute and one constrain, your rule has one change attribute and three constrain attributes.

    Give my suggested code a quick try, it will take less than a minute to try and it really does work !

  • Creator97Creator97 Posts: 140Member

    @Socks said:
    Your rule (in the linked image) is nothing like what I suggested ! :)

    I have one change attribute and one constrain, your rule has one change attribute and three constrain attributes.

    Why not give my suggested code a quick try, it will take less than a minute to try and it does work !

    it s exactly what you suggested it was just added to my old code because I thought I still need that basic stuff and you're just adding the "releasing part"

    so in fact your code does works great when included in a touch is pressed rule. So where does that 30 come from?

  • Creator97Creator97 Posts: 140Member

    and yeah quote your own second post that I can click 'yes' after did that answer your question because i clicked already no...

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

    @Creator97 said:
    where does that 30 come from?

    From the world of numbers :tongue:

    Higher values = tighter tracking
    Lower values = looser tracking

  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 1,025Member, PRO
    edited June 2016

    @Socks said:

    @Creator97 said:
    where does that 30 come from?

    From the world of numbers :tongue:

    When a Lady 15 and a Gentleman 15 like each other a lot they become really close and have what's called "addition" and that's where 30's come from.

    Follow us: Twitter - Website

Sign In or Register to comment.