GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumping on platform only

Hello, I'm working on an endless running game that has moving platforms coming towards the character. And I want to make my character jump but only when he is standing on a platform. Because if the character keeps jumping you kind of never lose the game.
Thanks!

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 408Member, PRO

@Facundo Gioffré - elRatArts Here is a demo project that may help you. It has a double jump mechanic but of course can be modified. :mrgreen:

• @RowdyPants said:
    @Facundo Gioffré - elRatArts Here is a demo project that may help you. It has a double jump mechanic but of course can be modified. :mrgreen:

Thank you!!!
    The game is finally finished!

'Sumo Skater'

play it here!

http://gsrca.de/142682

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,370Member, BASIC

@Facundo Gioffré - elRatArts Just a suggestion if I may?
    You have a succession of 5 opening screens before gameplay. It wasn't obvious to me that I had to tap to progress through them. So, I waited and waited for something to happen. I thought my iPad was showing its age, or my WiFi connection was playing up, or GameSalad was displaying its notorious loading delay. So, I tapped to get out of the game then discovered I needed to tap through all the opening scenes.

It would help users if you put a prompt there like a forward arrow or even a > sign. Better still, just put the title on the splash screen and move all the other credits to your credits page. ;)