GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to set conditions dictating which of two actors appear post-collision?

johnsheerin215johnsheerin215 Posts: 20Member, BASIC

Actor A collides with actor B, destroying A and simultaneously lowering the score by 1. I now need to build in a condition where, if the score is now 0, actor C (a game over message) spawns, but if the score is still greater than or equal to 1, actor D (warning message) spawns.

Any advice on how to tie a given character's spawning to the score?

All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Posts: 1,474Member

I think you answered yourself ..

if the score is now 0, actor C (a game over message) spawns, but if the score is still >greater than or equal to 1, actor D (warning message) spawns.

If game.score is <= 0
    spawn game over message
    otherwise
    spawn warning message

• johnsheerin215johnsheerin215 Posts: 20Member, BASIC

@Icebox said:

if the score is now 0, actor C (a game over message) spawns, but if the score is still >greater than or equal to 1, actor D (warning message) spawns.

If game.score is <= 0
    spawn game over message
    otherwise
    spawn warning message

I know I'm on the right track but, being very new to all of this, I'm unclear as to how I establish such rules. A rule, a behavior? And I apply the condition to the actor who represents the scoreboard, or to the actor who, when destroyed, lowers the score?

Sorry if these questions aren't detailed enough...

Bumping this in case anyone has an idea. Thanks!

@johnsheerin215 said:

@Icebox said:

If game.score is <= 0
    spawn game over message
    otherwise
    spawn warning message

I know I'm on the right track but, being very new to all of this, I'm unclear as to how I establish such rules. A rule, a behavior? And I apply the condition to the actor who represents the scoreboard, or to the actor who, when destroyed, lowers the score?

Sorry if these questions aren't detailed enough...

I took your advice and tinkered with the "otherwise" element and that worked. Thanks!