GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any way to search and replace all?

teklrncogteklrncog Posts: 5Member, PRO

Hi all,

This might be a weird and unrealistic question...

When I started building the current game, I used too many game attributes and they have become very annoying. I'm transferring them into tables one by one, line by line, actor by actor... I wonder if we have this function in GS that I can search the entire code and replace a certain attribute by a table cell everywhere?

Otherwise, is there an efficient way to do it manually?

Thank you.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,408Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

No and no. I wish I had a better answer for you. Part of learning GameSalad is learning to set up rules, behaviors, expressions, and data structures (e.g. tables) more efficiently. It's a lesson I had to learn, too. Next time, you'll probably start with a table and avoid using so many attributes.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• teklrncogteklrncog Posts: 5Member, PRO

@tatiang said:
    No and no. I wish I had a better answer for you. Part of learning GameSalad is learning to set up rules, behaviors, expressions, and data structures (e.g. tables) more efficiently. It's a lesson I had to learn, too. Next time, you'll probably start with a table and avoid using so many attributes.

Thank you! Ya I guess this is quite an experience for me...