GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Display table value results in "Hello World!" during preview

abuabed84abuabed84 Posts: 474Member, PRO

I'm getting really tired with all the bugs in GS,
Bugs that make the software unusable.

When will a new release come to fix these issues?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,408Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

Display table value results in "Hello World!" during preview

That particular issue is generally not a bug but a mistake in the expression editor, unless there's something you've already discovered and posted about that I'm not aware of.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• abuabed84abuabed84 Posts: 474Member, PRO

That particular issue is generally not a bug but a mistake in the expression editor, unless there's something you've already discovered and posted about that I'm not aware of.

It's not a mistake, the expression used to display correctly in the past versions.

Only in this lates version when inserting the Display text behavior inside a new rule it displays "Hello World" during preview and then after going back to the expression editor I find "Hello World" instead of the table value I chose.

It's a new bug in the software

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,408Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

Hmm... that does sound like a bug if it's replacing the expression content. Annoying!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• abuabed84abuabed84 Posts: 474Member, PRO

@tatiang said:
    Hmm... that does sound like a bug if it's replacing the expression content. Annoying!

extremely annoying
    it's unusable