GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning from terminal when generating keystore for android

Hi all,

I'm doing my first ever android test and while setting up my keystore and I got this warning from terminal after completing the process:

"The JKS keystore uses a proprietary format. It is recommended to migrate to PKCS12 which is an industry standard format using "keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore lokitoes.keystore -destkeystore lokitoes.keystore -deststoretype pkcs12"."

It has still generated my keystore as expected, so I'm not sure if I actually need to do this migration or what it will mean for future testing? As it stands, I can still get the test to work fine, the only thing I can't do is my computer can't find my device for some reason so I have to put it on there manually. But other than that everything seems to be working so I have ignored this warning for now. Does anyone know if this might bite me down the track somehow?

Cheers

Comments

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Posts: 434Member, PRO
    edited July 2018

Hi @Lokitoes I am new exporting to Android and I got this warning too, but this no give me problems to publish.