Unblock Me! - Template (W.I.P)
My third and last work in progress is here. I thought I would tackle one of my favourite games... unblock.
First Prototype demo below:
I can't really go into too detail yet about it because I don't really understand how it works too much myself... it sort of just does.
A brief summary:
- The game consist of just 49 square actors in a grid (plus the goal actor).
- Each square actor is simply changing its image to display different lines.
- The hardest part was being able to select a line and pull it both ways. I will explain in next update.
- The second hardest part was getting the image to change so each line looked like it was connected.
- Levels are built through tables, so it loads instantly as you can see at the end, and means no loading times when switching.
I had a good, yet frustrating, time creating this working demo. Its prob one of my favourite things I have created and I only started 3 hours ago.
As for now, I will put it aside and work on my previous projects shown. You might notice I have an endless, a timer, and now a level based project.
The plan next time is to spend some time cleaning up the logic, simplifying things more. I need to create some better graphics so the lines connects up correctly. I want a more better way to do things... not that my way isn't already well structured. I think it just needs to be refined more.
Plus, try and explain if anyone is interested some of the hurdles, because there were a lot.
Hope you enjoy,