GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Play Games available in RC

adent42adent42 Posts: 1,237Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
edited October 18 in News from the Dev Team

The new RC has been pushed with Google Play Games Services (GPGS) support for Leaderboards and Achievements. To take advantage of this you will have to set up things on Google's side, update your app, and publish with "Build RC".

Publishing now has checkboxes for Google Leaderboards and Achievements and a box for the GPGS App ID.

No documentation yet, but you should be able to figure most of it out.

Some notes:

• Reset achievements is a NOOP. It's not possible via the Google API so that behavior will do nothing.
  • Google generates Achievement and Leaderboard IDs, so you will have to update your game to use those IDs.
  • Google's API doesn't let us update achievements by percentage. I think I can grab the achievement information for the game and correctly set "incremental" achievement, but the current release will send the percentage value directly to GPG. Great if your achievement has 100 increments, not so great if it doesn't. The next RC should have a fix. One step "unlockable" achievements should work fine, to unlock just set the achievement value to 100.
  • Also it IS possible to test without "publishing" your game settings in the GPG developer console. (You'll know what I mean when you start setting your stuff up). So if you're doing stuff doesn't seem to be working, check with the forums or DM me first. Don't try to publish your GPGS setup in the hopes that it will fix stuff. Testing should work before you "publish" as long as you list your account as a test account in Google's interface.

We'll have full docs before the "production" release of this feature. Until then, I'm gonna go back to coding to fix the incremental achievements problem. In the mean time, help each other out with setup and I'll check in to answer questions.

Enjoy!

Comments