GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to keep a background music or sound going continuously?

helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Posts: 60Member, PRO

How do I keep a background music or sound going continuously?
I have one running but when a voice prompt come into play, the background
music cuts off. Would appreciate some help with this.
Thanks

Comments

  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 980Member, PRO

    Music and sound should play separately.

    If you're only using the music behavior, that can only play one track at a time.

    The play sound behavior can play multiple and play over music as well. Try using that.

    Follow us: Twitter - Website

  • Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Posts: 273Member, PRO

    would be amazing to keep the music going when scene changes, but I don't think that is possible.

  • MetalloMetallo Posts: 82Member, PRO

    @Simple Gamer Arts said:
    would be amazing to keep the music going when scene changes, but I don't think that is possible.

    What do you mean? In my game I have the same music going through the scenes no problems.

  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 980Member, PRO

    @Metallo said:

    @Simple Gamer Arts said:
    would be amazing to keep the music going when scene changes, but I don't think that is possible.

    What do you mean? In my game I have the same music going through the scenes no problems.

    Yeah I think that's how it works by default, just don't use a pause behavior and it should keep going @Simple Gamer Arts

    Follow us: Twitter - Website

  • MetalloMetallo Posts: 82Member, PRO

    @AlchimiaStudios said:

    @Metallo said:

    @Simple Gamer Arts said:
    would be amazing to keep the music going when scene changes, but I don't think that is possible.

    What do you mean? In my game I have the same music going through the scenes no problems.

    Yeah I think that's how it works by default, just don't use a pause behavior and it should keep going @Simple Gamer Arts

    I also use a pause behaviour and the music keeps playing

  • bob loblawbob loblaw Posts: 173Member, PRO

    pretty sure music keeps playing until you play another one or you put a stop music behaviour in.

  • MetalloMetallo Posts: 82Member, PRO
    edited November 1

    Here is a video just made of my game, the music is the one of the game, when the "settings" page appears it is a pause behaviour that recalls the scene settings....as you can notice the music keeps playing.

  • Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Posts: 273Member, PRO
    edited November 2

    What I meant was that when the scene is changed, the music restarts itself (at least that's what happens in my game). Yes, I have the "pause" as the level-selector-menu and the music is continuous there; no problem, but as soon as I touch (change) another level, music restarts.... which kind of makes sense though. cause new scene... new everything really. But, would be great to have the same song for like 10 levels straight without any disturbance.

  • Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Posts: 273Member, PRO

    @Metallo will try your game out soon! looks awesome

  • MetalloMetallo Posts: 82Member, PRO
    edited November 2

    @Simple Gamer Arts said:
    What I meant was that when the scene is changed, the music restarts itself (at least that's what happens in my game). Yes, I have the "pause" as the level-selector-menu and the music is continuous there; no problem, but as soon as I touch (change) another level, music restarts.... which kind of makes sense though. cause new scene... new everything really. But, would be great to have the same song for like 10 levels straight without any disturbance.

    This is exactly what I do in my game. In the video if you notice I go through different scenes and the music doesn’t change. The very first scene, then level menu scene and one of the levels scene. The music keeps playing throughout the game, constantly.

    Question: where did you put your playmusic behavior? In every scene?

  • MetalloMetallo Posts: 82Member, PRO

    @Simple Gamer Arts said:
    @Metallo will try your game out soon! looks awesome

    Thanks a lot:)

  • bob loblawbob loblaw Posts: 173Member, PRO

    @Simple Gamer Arts said:
    What I meant was that when the scene is changed, the music restarts itself (at least that's what happens in my game). Yes, I have the "pause" as the level-selector-menu and the music is continuous there; no problem, but as soon as I touch (change) another level, music restarts.... which kind of makes sense though. cause new scene... new everything really. But, would be great to have the same song for like 10 levels straight without any disturbance.

    have you tried the play music behaviour with 'resume current' selected from the music drop down menu?

  • Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Posts: 273Member, PRO
    edited November 2

    Hey guys @Metallo @bob loblaw , thank so much for support. I fixed it thanks to @bob loblaw tip about the "resume current" option on the PLAY MUSIC behaviour.

    @Metallo I have my PLAY MUSIC behaviour in the BackGround graphic actor, so what I did was create a "game tries attribute" which counts how many times i die or change scene; so Game Try: 1 plays the music, and from Game Try 2 and on, it resumes the music... works like a charm.

  • Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Posts: 273Member, PRO

    @Metallo Yea, I totally noticed how your music plays straight through from the menu scene transitioning to the level 1 scene. It really makes such a difference this continuous play esthetic. Soon to play :)

  • MetalloMetallo Posts: 82Member, PRO

    Glad you were able to fix it :)

Sign In or Register to comment.