GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Mac versions are necessary to run GS

Hello all, I am looking to purchase a Mac and was wondering which Mac OS does GS require to run properly?

Example: would any OS below OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion NOT work for developing with GS on a Mac?

Hope I asked this question with clarity

Comments

  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,525Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

    The system requirements are posted here: https://help.gamesalad.com/knowledge-base/what-are-gamesalads-system-requirements.

    It's not terribly taxing software. ;)

    I'd be a bit concerned about buying such an outdated Mac when you'll need to have the newest version of XCode installed, etc. but I can't really comment on what you would need as far as that goes.

    New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

  • BBEnkBBEnk Posts: 1,761Member, PRO

    I'm running a mid-2010 mac mini 8gb with High Sierra works just fine.

  • soundzlandsoundzland Posts: 6Member

    @BBEnk said:
    I'm running a mid-2010 mac mini 8gb with High Sierra works just fine.

    Have you published to the App Store with your setup with no problems?

  • BBEnkBBEnk Posts: 1,761Member, PRO

    @soundzland said:

    @BBEnk said:
    I'm running a mid-2010 mac mini 8gb with High Sierra works just fine.

    Have you published to the App Store with your setup with no problems?

    I've been updating games over the last few weeks with no issues.

  • soundzlandsoundzland Posts: 6Member

    @BBEnk said:

    @soundzland said:

    @BBEnk said:
    I'm running a mid-2010 mac mini 8gb with High Sierra works just fine.

    Have you published to the App Store with your setup with no problems?

    I've been updating games over the last few weeks with no issues.

    Thank you very much! You have answered my question!:)

Sign In or Register to comment.