GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2019! State of the Salad Q1

adent42adent42 Posts: 1,253Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

Sorry, no big quarterly updates yet. Due to various vacation schedules and illnesses , GameSalad is currently like a bear coming out of hibernation.

Once we all get oriented again, I'll post a more detailed update / roadmap, but here's a quick summary:

• On 12/12 we pushed an RC. There was some admob goodness included support of all 3 ad types for both iOS and Android and Admob mediation between Admob and Chartboost on Android. More details here.

• There is a reported issue with the RC where enabling Admob achievements will cause a crash when enabled. We're looking into it and a fix will likely be the next RC release. If you haven't seen it, my guess is that's it's a combo of a bug on my part and a particular configuration on the Google Play side.

• First pass of coding of IronSource on Android had been completed before Christmas (i.e. it compiles). As is, it would only give you IronSource ads, assuming it works (i.e. we haven't tested it yet). The next steps will be to work on managing what are called "Mediation Adapters". These are the glue libraries that bridge a request into IronSources' APIs to the various ad providers. We don't want to just drop them all in there, because that would blow up the size of the APK. So we need adjust things so publishing can remove unused adapters as needed.

This actually turned into more detail that I initially imagined, so yah, roadmap updates for Q1 will just show up here!

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all!

Comments