Anyone have a working gse-export.js file for HTML5 publishing to share?
Started to work on @8bitninja 's great template battery licker. When I first saw this game I thought it had great potential and had several ideas how to develop it further. Years passed by ... well anyway long story short, I started to work on this template several weeks ago and made 18 new levels, changed the controls a bit and added a global highscore (php/Mysql). The idea is to have it on mobile and HTML5.
Project works 100% correctly as an Android app, but when publishing to HTML5 there are several problems:
- Fonts and text positioning are all over the place.
- textSubStr() cuts the letters one character too early (when changing initials in the game)
- Network Send Table To URL doesn't seem to work at all (nothing is written to the database) Chrome Inspect shows two errors:
- sample-index.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
- gse-export.js:66 ERROR: TypeError: i.replace is not a function write @ gse-export.js:66
So since the exact same code works on Anroid but doesn't work on browser I guess the problem is with the gse-export.js file. I have done some experiments with it: if I replace the gse-export.js file with this experimental gse-export.js by @adent42 found here: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/89179/html5-publishing/p7 it fixes the font and text positioning problem. Unfortunately textSubSts() and NetworkSendTable issues persist.
Anyone had a same kind of troubles with HTML 5 publishing?
Any advice how to proceed?
If aynone want's to test and comment the game:
Heres HTML5 with the experimental gse-export.js file https://laserboy.000webhostapp.com/LB/sample-index.html
and this one is with the latest gse-export.js that comes with HTML 5 package when publishing https://laserboy.000webhostapp.com/laserpoika/sample-index.html. (arrows moves the dude and space makes the boomstick go phew phew )
Unreleased Anroid beta version can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.codespace.laserpoika
Summa summarum: Anroid works, HTML 5 works except updating highscores (soooo close.... )