GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

News Story: GameSalad accounts hacked and sold online

tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,717Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Posts: 459Member
    edited March 18

Think of the energy put into security that could be saved if people were just honest.

By the way, now is a great time to CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD peeps!

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 1,014Member, PRO

Thanks for the heads up. Just changed my password, everyone should be doing the same!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• pinkio75pinkio75 Posts: 788Member, PRO

Thanks for this info i just change my password; but the publishing portal site is stuck for this reason? i mean i'm unable to compile or download any of my games... anyone have the same issue???

• hirobagameshirobagames Posts: 4Member, PRO

Same here publishing portal is not working i am getting no internets error.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Posts: 788Member, PRO
    edited March 19

Hi and thanks for reply @adent42 , yes it' works fine for me; now i'm able to generate build etc; about the passw i've changed it yesterday.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 1,014Member, PRO

Thanks for the update @adent42

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporePosts: 162Member, PRO

Thanks for the update @adent42 - hope it's resolved.

• muusimuusi Posts: 51Member, PRO

Thanks for the heads up @tatiang !

My apps & games: Google Play | App Store | Amazon

• joseaugustojoseaugusto Posts: 10Member
    edited March 22

Why on earth did you NOT SALTED the hashes?

Please don't try to pass the blame on us for us having weak passwords.

We would still be safe if you had just salted the hashes. (even after allowing the hackers in)

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member
    edited March 22

We've had much worse, I remember when GS was hacked and all our files yes everything we uploaded to GS got into the wrong hands and he was selling it all for a pretty cheap price.

DBA (if you guys remember us from back then) and one other who will remain nameless managed to get his name and address and proof he had all the files.

We handed this info over to GS and they started criminal proceedings, makes me wonder if the new hacker got into the files?

• LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,867Member

@adent42 said:

Everyone else. We are aware of the issue and are working on fixes. We should be getting an email out to everyone soon.

Hi there,
    Was this email ever sent. I didn't receive one. I got here via @PhilipCC who geve me a heads up.

Thanks in advance.
    Ludwig

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,717Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef

@LumpApps said:

@adent42 said:

Everyone else. We are aware of the issue and are working on fixes. We should be getting an email out to everyone soon.

Hi there,
    Was this email ever sent. I didn't receive one. I got here via @PhilipCC who geve me a heads up.

Thanks in advance.
    Ludwig

Yes. See this for the content: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/610708/#Comment_610708

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,867Member