GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Android App Bundle

stragstrag Posts: 564Member, PRO

I'm getting this error message when uploading signed .apk to Google Play:

**Unoptimised APK
Warning:

This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimising your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower installation success rates and take up storage on users' devices.

Resolution:

Use the Android App Bundle to automatically optimise for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs.**

Can anyone shed any light? Anyone using Android App bundles? Is this something we can do using GameSalad?

Any advice on this @adent42 ?

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Posts: 438Member, PRO

i coulda sworn i got that when i published an update. i was able to ignore and keep going.

• stragstrag Posts: 564Member, PRO

Thanks @bob loblaw that's what I'm hoping.
    At the moment I'm not getting an option to publish but I'm yet to finish the store listing so hopefully once that's done it will be ok.

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,540Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

Are you using Build RC or the regular Build / Generate?

• stragstrag Posts: 564Member, PRO

@adent42 said:
    Are you using Build RC or the regular Build / Generate?

I'm using RC build. The good news is it didn't stop me publishing so until they make it mandatory I think we should be ok.