GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Halloween entry to the App Store - That never was :(

codematescodemates Posts: 112Member
edited 10:34AM in Announce Your Game!
Had very high hopes of getting this done for the halloween but couldn't finish it in time so I figured I'll release the game intro video prior to the occasion.

I had to put aside existing projects to get this completed on time but just couldn't make it because I don't think it's polished enough.

I'll probably make this thread the development/announcement thread for this game. I hope to get this done in the next 2 (latest 3 weeks).

Any feedback is very much appreciated and I will be adding more videos and screenshots as I progress and get closer to the release.

Game name is "Boo Blasters"

Comments

  • AcaiGamesAcaiGames Posts: 37Member
    Good work man keep up the good work, as any other great app never forget to continue to put as much effort and work as you did into day one even day and every update looking forward to the release :)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Posts: 6,256Member
    looks great!

    we need more people around here like you. Whats not polished enough for you is more polished then half the stuff you see around here. well done!
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,863Member
    Bummer. I would wait till next year.
    It looks very nice.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    looks great!

    we need more people around here like you. Whats not polished enough for you is more polished then half the stuff you see around here. well done!

    :D

    Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: http://www.quantum-sheep.com

  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    looks great!

    we need more people around here like you. Whats not polished enough for you is more polished then half the stuff you see around here. well done!

    +1

    I Voted, let out In a few weeks. If your worried about missing the Halloween thing. Change the name a little to a scary game name that has less of a halloween feel. People still like the genre and The artwork is fantastic. Id say go for it.

    It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

  • DigiChainDigiChain Posts: 1,215Member, PRO
    I'd get it out there as soon as you're done.

    My big fear of sitting on it for a year is that the app store is developing so fast with so many big players - that us indie developers need to act now to make an impact while we still can.

    In a years time people with have a choice - your game for 99c, or GTA3 for 99c!..

    Well, you get my point. Maybe I just worry needlessly.

    Anyway - looks great - get it out there!!!
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Posts: 2,090Member, PRO
    tenrdrmer said:
    +1

    I Voted, let out In a few weeks. If your worried about missing the Halloween thing. Change the name a little to a scary game name that has less of a halloween feel. People still like the genre and The artwork is fantastic. Id say go for it.

    +1, Release it soon (When Is Polished enough) and Update you app near next haloween :D

    Cheers.
  • codematescodemates Posts: 112Member
    AcaiGames said:
    Good work man keep up the good work, as any other great app never forget to continue to put as much effort and work as you did into day one even day and every update looking forward to the release :)

    JohnPapiomitis said:
    looks great!

    we need more people around here like you. Whats not polished enough for you is more polished then half the stuff you see around here. well done!

    @AcaiGames and JohnPapiomitis. I think that's part of my problem, I never know when to say enough is enough. I should be putting out a beta release in the next few days.
    RKS said:
    That music is awesome. I would by the music without the game!
    That song alone totally makes it worth buying.
    Who made it?

    @RKS. Here's the link to where you can purchase the music:
    http://audiojungle.net/item/spooky-castle-intro-01/129466
    LudwigHeijden said:
    Bummer. I would wait till next year.
    It looks very nice.

    @LudwigHeijden. I am very tempted to wait until next year but for some reason I had so much fun making this type of game :) I think I will put another entry next year. Note to self - start 2 months earlier than when I started this year.
    tenrdrmer said:
    +1

    I Voted, let out In a few weeks. If your worried about missing the Halloween thing. Change the name a little to a scary game name that has less of a halloween feel. People still like the genre and The artwork is fantastic. Id say go for it.

    @tenrdrmer. Yes, I think that will be the case I will let it out in the next few weeks. I like your idea of changing the name. Any recommendations? Perhaps "The Secret of Father Simons?" :) Seriously speaking, I'm considering the name change. Also, THANKS for giving me a hand on this one!
    Digi-chain said:
    I'd get it out there as soon as you're done.

    My big fear of sitting on it for a year is that the app store is developing so fast with so many big players - that us indie developers need to act now to make an impact while we still can.

    In a years time people with have a choice - your game for 99c, or GTA3 for 99c!..

    Well, you get my point. Maybe I just worry needlessly.

    Anyway - looks great - get it out there!!!

    @Digi-chain. Point well taken. Thanks!
    MagoNicolas said:
    +1, Release it soon (When Is Polished enough) and Update you app near next haloween :D

    Cheers.

    @MagoNicolas. Yes, will definitely get it out as soon as it's ready. Like I said earlier, I enjoyed doing this so there will be another type of this release next year or a sequel maybe...
  • codematescodemates Posts: 112Member
    Why is the last 5% of the game takes the longest? :(

    I'm really considering the name change to remove the Halloween connotation.

    I would like to ask for your help in deciding or if you have any names you would like to recommend. Here are some names I have in mind:

    - Dead Hunter
    - The Mansion of the Dead
    - Bloodshed
    - The Rise of the Undead
    - Thriller Awaits
    - Terror Awaits
    - The Haunted House of Monte Cristo
    - Rising of the Dead
    - Graveyard Mayhem
    - Dead Buster
    - My Death
    - Spirits of the Mansion
    - Lost Souls of the Mansion
    - The Battle of Terror

    Just a little bit of description of the game:
    The player is the hero and you will battle Zombies, Ghosts and Fireballs. This will be done all day (fireball) and night (zombies and ghost). You have 3 lives available and your score will be multiplied with the number of nights you survive (wave) the attacks.

    Here's a video of the Pseudo-3D fireball with sound and Daybreak:


    Thank you!
    Geoffrey
  • svnsvn Posts: 445Member
    Wow. That is polished to a gleaming sheen. Very impressive use of the Size Change Attribute in conjunction with the animation.
  • codematescodemates Posts: 112Member
    svn said:
    Wow. That is polished to a gleaming sheen. Very impressive use of the Size Change Attribute in conjunction with the animation.

    Thanks SVN.
    I'm so in-love with Interpolate :)

    Anyone have any suggestions on the name?
This discussion has been closed.