Questions with sizes and changing attributes???

I've been experimenting with game salad for quite a while - finally I've gotten serious about getting something done. I've gotten a grasp of most of game salad's features, but hit trouble when I tried to implement this "thing", for lack of a better term, into my game. So .... Here's my predicament: The main character is a fish, every time he eats a smaller fish, he gets bigger; or if he eats a bigger fish he loses a life (I know pretty cool - just my first game, I'm still trying). I'm at a loss as to how to implement an effective archetype that recognizes the main fish's changing attribute (i.e. sometimes a fish will be bigger, sometimes it will be smaller, depending on the size of the main fish). Any tips whatsoever, will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks,
Happy Holidays

Best Answer

• carlblanchetcarlblanchet Posts: 755
    Accepted Answer
    Check out the game Hungry Shark for an excellent example of this concept. The way that you'd wanna do this is by assigning a number to each fish according to their size, the bigger the fish, the larger the number. And then the fish your control would check when trying to eat another fish if his number is larger than the other fish's number, if so eat it, if not lose a life. Then you would need to create a mathematical equation that checks the difference in the number when eating another fish to calculate how much your fish will gain, and control your fish's size to that number obviously.

Answers