GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rabid Rafters iphone (FREE)

Just released Rabid Rafters for the iPhone. The game is ad free and everything can be unlocked with out spending any money. There is iap to speed up the unlocks but that is optional.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rabid-rafters/id593398234?ls=1&mt=8

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,116Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Looks cool man - Will download tonight!
  • lobosco_estudiolobosco_estudio Posts: 98Member
    Great artwork man! I download for my iPad, you use the IOS Universal Publish? If yes, what resolution you use to create the game?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,116Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    @lobosco_estudio - I don't think he used that. That feature was just released today, there's no way he would have published and made it through Apple's review in 4 hours.
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Posts: 1,274Member
    Not Universal, I started this before I knew a date for Universal builds. Art was done by a few different people, I was originally making a surfing game but I didn't like how it played. Thanks for trying it out.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Posts: 361Member, PRO
    Looks neat! I'll try to check it out later. Good luck in the app store!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• VoidedSkyVoidedSky Posts: 1,095Member
    Hey, I just downloaded your app. I like the concept, it's a great idea! I think with some touch ups, it can have a better chance in the App Store.

1) try to use custom fonts(like for points), it makes the game look much more polished

2) make sure your font is legible on devices. I can hardly read the text.

3) make a simple icon that is simple, and maybe features your main character of the game.

4) you might want to reconsider the bridge in the game, because you can't see what's under it, and you die because you can't see what's coming.

5) make the instructions more accessible to first time players. Maybe have them pop up during the dirt time the app is used.

You've got a great start!
    Can't wait to see what becomes of it!

:)

~Josh
  • mrpacogpmrpacogp Posts: 400Member
    Agree on all with VoidedSky
  • TesseractEngineTesseractEngine Posts: 180Member
    Nice one @BazookaTime! I am genuinely tickled how well the ex-surfers have taken to the toobs! Heh!

Quire Graphics - Graphics for Games

@TesseractEngine thanks, your art work is fantastic. I just couldn't come up with a surfing game that felt right.
    @VoidedSky Good points, there are some areas that need to be adjusted for sure. I do have scoring fonts that match the letters but was having a hard time with them, I might try again. Bridges and Hit Detection are the main thing I am looking into now. Thanks for the feedback.
This discussion has been closed.