Updates 1.24.39 & 1.24.5821 are now live...
Hey everyone! We've pushed some updates to Creator today. Here's a quick summary of the changes:
- Optimization pass on Android engine. It's now about 2mb smaller and quite a bit faster. We enabled armv7 instructions, which really helps physics heavy games.
- Network behaviors are fixed and now available on Windows.
- Table import optimization pass. Importing tables is much faster now.
- Image reordering fixes for Mac Creator (image library now automatically orders alphabetically).
- Refactoring how we process the main game loop to better handle variable framerates. This should improve physics simulation stability.
- You can now set actor visibility on HTML5 during runtime.
- Updated Chartboost for Android to deal with Marshmallow OS issues.
- You can now use the number pad on HTML5.
We reenabled sleeping in the physics engine. For most games, this will have no impact except to make things faster when you have a lot of unmoving objects. However, if your game relies heavily on the order of collision events you may need to make some changes to your logic.