**OFF TOPIC** PRESIDENT OBAMA IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE

expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
This is really exciting!

So president obama is going to the museum of natural history for a celebration/meeting, and he's going to be arriving soon right here in front of my house. Im definitely not going to meet him or even get close to seeing him lol, but I still think it's cool

To the really exciting part...

THERE ARE SNIPERS ON MY ROOR!! AHHH

Comments

• BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    What city?

You should offer them some lemonade... ;-)
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    Found a live video stream of the event...

http://www.livestream.com/cgi_plenary
  • aalzankiaalzanki Member Posts: 283
    BarkBarkCo said:
    What city?

You should offer them some lemonade... ;-)

Yeah maybe they'll give you something in exchange ;)
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    New York :)

And I would if he didn't have huge security guards ready to strangle someone to death :( and the snipers on top will be watching your every move lol!

I just hope there's no bombing plans, because if the bomb explodes in there I'm definitely dead lol
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    artonskyblue said:
    THERE ARE SNIPERS ON MY ROOF!! AHHH

That is *beyond* cool :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Do you have one of those little RC helicopters? That could be all kinds of fun.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    design219 said:
    Do you have one of those little RC helicopters? That could be all kinds of fun.

Like the peniscopter stunt?
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    I was thinking about ways to cause a scene so I could end up on the news, and it could help GS too.

So heres the plan. I load up a GS app, and then from 50 ft away I throw my iPhone towards obamas face. He then catches the iPhone and after 50 ft of flying in the air the GS logo is still there, the app still loading. The iPhone is now in his handC, and he sees the words "made with gamesalad." Now since Obama saw those words, the public is going to see it as well on the news. Suddenly, GS becomes a hit, more people buy our apps, and most importantly I'm famous. Perfect!
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    As design says, you need one of these
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    artonskyblue said:
    I was thinking about ways to cause a scene so I could end up on the news, and it could help GS too.

So heres the plan. I load up a GS app, and then from 50 ft away I throw my iPhone towards obamas face. He then catches the iPhone and after 50 ft of flying in the air the GS logo is still there, the app still loading. The iPhone is now in his handC, and he sees the words "made with gamesalad." Now since Obama saw those words, the public is going to see it as well on the news. Suddenly, GS becomes a hit, more people buy our apps, and most importantly I'm famous. Perfect!

Even better!

1. Find a Dynamite image off one of those stock image sites.

2. Make an app for the iPad that just displays the dynamite with the fuse burning down. (hint - use 'interpolate')

3. Strap iPad to your stomach.

4. Run towards Obama, screaming.

5. Get a handshake from Obama saying how enterprising you are! *

Good luck!

QS :D

*part five is dependent on the speed of sniper intervention. Don't worry about it too much though, it'll all be over in the blink of an eye!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Better plan here:
    Here's what you do...

1) Disguise yourself as a Dinosaur as they will never suspect anything being a Natural History Museum.
    2) Build a quick GS app that simulates a constant ongoing loading screen...basically a loop of the GS splash.
    3) Attach your iPod to the end of a long fishing pole.
    4) While in the Dino disguise...discreetly dangle the iPod behind the President as he addresses the crowd on the Presidential podium.
    5) Make sure that GS load screen is there for all to see (and all the news cameras to see).
    6) In the event of Sniper Intervention...run like hell in a serpentine pattern (harder to hit that way)...but don't forget your iPod. Use the dino-suit to your advantage.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    Wow lmfao. You guys are hilarious that made my day.
    That's right - let's all pretend the peniscopter stunt WASN'T a good idea.

I'm not saying it has to have nothing to do with GS - surely they have stickers or something?

^-^;
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    ...I have snipers on my roof all of the time....

*sigh*.... I wish i could say that was true.

/hangs head

*walks away in shame..... Mumbles something about Mark Wahlberg....*
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    quantumsheep said:
    That is *beyond* cool :D

He he... I had sniper rifles trained on my head once. Was when I met the Queen back in the 90's. I was worried that one of them might sneeze! LOL.

The security guys (I'm guessing police - diplomatic protection squad) said that anyone who approached the queen would have a gun trained on them and suggested no sudden movements.

Were probably all lies though as I was just an annoying little 18 year old, asking where the snipers were... as opposed to the annoying 34 year old I am now (had to beat QS to that).
  • TymeMasterTymeMaster Member Posts: 527
    Spit on Obama, worst president ever.
  • ChipmunkGamesChipmunkGames Member Posts: 106
    are you fucking kidding me? What you want palin??? SHE FUCKING BELIEVES THAT DINOSAURES AND HUMANS WALKED ON THIS EARTH TOGETHER. what kind of retard is she!?!?!
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Obama has done an amazing job digging the US (and the world) out of that massive hole Bush created... still has a long way to go, though.
    Let's not get into opinions on politics XD

I come here to escape that - there's more than enough at Digital Point. >.<'
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    POLYGAMe said:
    Obama has done an amazing job digging the US (and the world) out of that massive hole Bush created... still has a long way to go, though.

Tell that to the 20-30M people out of work.

And Bush didn't create the current recession...Barney Frank and Chris Dodd did via their Congressional Finance Committee and with Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac via credit and lending policies set in place during the Clinton administration...which led to the housing price boom...and the resulting bust...which was the catalyst for the magnitude of this recession. That combined with an inflationary dollar and China leveraging their currency (via US treasuries) to keep the greenback weak. Bush did however encourage the process to continue.

Just an FYI and a fact check. Trying to avoid opinion here to oblige Peach's request.

It generally takes about a decade for a recession to develop and about 6 years for a boom time to develop. The problem with this cycle is the extremity of the situation and the slow pace of the cycle to turn.

I'm not sure if Obama's spending policies are the solution for ending it...but that is debatable I guess...as there are economists on both sides of that fence. Most American's however (2 out of 3) do not think the excessive spending is wise...which is what spawned the tea party movement.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Ha, nice post Synthesis.

I saw the sweeping Obama mania, which was not founded in reality. It was like he was supposed to be this great savior, but it didn't take too much foresight to see what would happen. The economy was one of the main reasons he was elected. Up until the big crash, McCain was pretty close. The economy is also the same reason Obama's popularity has waned.

Instead of pushing through a lousy health care bill, he could have done better things... like putting people to work with rebuilding and improving the nation's infrastructure.

I like his idea to encourage the use of video games as educational tools.

A lot of people don't like Bush because of the wars. A lot of people think it's about oil. So, wouldn't it make more sense to build up the nation's energy supply? If I was president, I'd be pushing congress to approve jobs for windmills and solar farms. People would be put to work (helping the economy in the short term), energy would be cheaper (helping the economy in the long run) and the projects would likely turn a profit.

America should get back to building big things. It's incredibly disappointing to see how long the rebuilding of the World Trade Center is taking.

Heh... and while I enjoy political discussion... I suppose I should get back to building big things too.
    Why did this thread have to get political? The GS forum is no place for that crap, there are plenty of forums to spout your views, dislikes, hatred or whatever.

This started as an interesting thread by an active member, and it wasn't political... just interesting.
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    design219 said:
    Why did this thread have to get political? The GS forum is no place for that crap, there are plenty of forums to spout your views, dislikes, hatred or whatever.

This started as an interesting thread by an active member, and it wasn't political... just interesting.

I blame the media. Everyone these days is now a political commentator, even with only half the facts from various biased news outlets. It's like it in the UK with the national football team, everyone is an armchair manager with an opinion full of hindsight fueled by the tabloids.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    design219 said:
    Why did this thread have to get political?

Why not? Do video games always have to be about escapism?

In the United States, it's free speech and the discussions of ideas that makes the nation great. I don't think Obama is some secret Muslim, plotting to destroy America. Yet, I do think that some of his policies won't work. More importantly, his priorities are out-of-touch with the needs of the nation.

He wants games that are more educational... so why shy away from politics? Perhaps a game can be created that shows the benefits of fierce debate, while showing the values of opposing sides.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    This thread needs a lock so it stops showing up at the top of my unread list. The all caps title is driving me crazy
    Photics said:
    Perhaps a game can be created that shows the benefits of fierce debate, while showing the values of opposing sides.

That's actually an intriguing idea. Would take a lot of thought, but I like it.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    I would run up to him really fast pushing my way through the crowd screaming "Play my iPhone game! (game title) Mr. Obama! Play my iPhone game!!! (game title)" Then throw your iPhone at him!

Ya, you may get tackled and/or shot, and probably thrown in jail. But your sales will go through the roof!

:)
    ChipmunkGames said:
    are you fucking kidding me? What you want palin??? SHE FUCKING BELIEVES THAT DINOSAURES AND HUMANS WALKED ON THIS EARTH TOGETHER. what kind of retard is she!?!?!

Who said anything about Palin, I said Obama is an asshole who has done nothing.
    POLYGAMe said:

Obama has done nothing, but you aren't form the USA so I would expect you to fall for the media BS. Obama has driven our country into more debt than ALL presidents combined. And BTW, this mess wasnt created by Bush, it was created by Clinton and it was made worse when the democrats had taken over back in 2006.

The man is a useless piece of !@#$%.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    .. uhm... wasn't bush the one who gave us all the debt to begin with?
This discussion has been closed.