Something that caught my attention. (Corona)

2»

Comments

• Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    They give precise and detailed feedback direct from those that actually know the engine...not the 'I think it works like this' that happens with the users here. If people have problems they get answered...you don't have to rely on assumptions made by users that could have it completely wrong.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    synthesis said:
    Your Kraken I understand only works on 3G+ and same with PolyGame's 8Bit. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why those games can't run on a 2G. I've played games 10 times as complex (functionally-wise...such as 3D games or high-res games) and they run incredibly smooth on a 2G. I attribute the flaws I run into to the GS game engine and its optimization/memory problems.

Yup, I could have done a LOT more optimisation, though... was my first game and if I were to do it again, I reckon I could get it running on a 2G device.

But I agree, if the memory magaement was better, I could spend more time creating and less time head scratching.

My current game has been put on hold. I COULD do it now with a lot of tricky and confusing optimisation but I'd rather create the game in a way that's easier to look at afterwards. I'm also a fan of having separate actors, rather than instances. Makes it much easier and although I can see the benefit to using instances, for a shooter as simple as Max Vector, I really shouldn't have to. I want to be able to spawn as many bullets as I like!

At the end of the day, I LOVE GS but will stick within its limitations (which will hopefully be a lot less, soon). I really do want to do a much improved sequel to MV but at this stage, it's not really possible without a LOT of thinking... something I'm not good at. LOL.

Hopefully the update will fix these issues!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Regarding Corona, I emailed the guys over there, and they said they have no plans for a drag and drop interface for awhile, it's in the works, but not coming anytime soon.

And I sent that email over a month, almost 2 months ago.

Did anyone mention "Game Maker"? They are working on iphone publishing right? They would be the direct competitor to gamesalad I would think...

At any rate, bring on the competition! The more competitors Gamesalad has, the better it is for US :)