Announcement Coming Later Today

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hey, everybody!

Later on today, our CEO Steve Felter will be making a big announcement to the GameSalad community - right here on the forums. Of course, it will immediately show up as a yellow stickied thread, so keep an eye out.

It will be Steve’s first post on the GameSalad forums, and he couldn’t be more excited about it. He comes from a very creative background, having worked for Warner Bros. and Disney before joining team GameSalad. If you want a little information about him and where he sees GameSalad going under his direction, check out this morning’s interview with him on VentureBeat.

In addition to introducing himself, and sharing some of his thoughts on the direction of GameSalad, he’ll also be making a major announcement. I think all of our Professional members, and all those who have considered going Pro, will be very excited about what Steve has to say.

So, keep an eye on the forums, and let the speculation begin!

-- Yodapollo

Comments

• DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    How many hours are we talking roughly of course! I live uk so as long as its in next 5/6 hours thats fine ;)
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    on another thread one of the chefs said something about the splash screen...

can't wait to see how much u guys are gonna charge lol
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    o boy!
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    I'm looking forward to it, thanks GS

Ace
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    Woohooo! Great News!
    PossesiveGaming said:
    How many hours are we talking roughly of course! I live uk so as long as its in next 5/6 hours thats fine ;)

Yes, could we please know more or less how many hours? (i have about 4/5 hours here in italy ;)

Giacomo
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    cool! Thanks for the mention in the article!
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Sweet!!! I can't wait until the post!
    ~CTM
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Great cant wait to read what he has to say :)

Cheers, Weswog
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Yodapollo said:
    Disney

Suspicious!

Just yesterday I was wondering if GameSalad would go the way of RocketPack.

Tonight should be interesting. :)
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Interesting.
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    If the announcement includes one or all of the following: GameCenter, IAP and/or no splash screen then I already love the man. That's correct... LOVE.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Looking forward to what Steve has to say.

Let's try and be gentle with him guys ;o)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Photics said:
    Suspicious!

Just yesterday I was wondering if GameSalad would go the way of RocketPack.

Tonight should be interesting. :)

The Article said Disney is basically one of the investors
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    HOORAAAAAYYY!

For announcements!

Asymptoteell
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    tenrdrmer said:
    The Article said Disney is basically one of the investors

Whoa!

"The company has raised at least $1.2 million from Steamboat Ventures
    (Disney’s investment arm)"

That's interesting. Disney basically neutralized one of the potential competitors to GameSalad. Perhaps the technology can be shared too. And unlike this forum - the article doesn't even acknowledge Corona as a competitor.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Photics said:
    And unlike this forum - the article doesn't even acknowledge Corona as a competitor.

That is the best thing about the article!!!

The only thing I am interested in is if the cost of buying pro will come down accordingly.
    I have been on this forum for a few months now and don't think that the average game made with GS is generating $500.

It's a no brainer that he will deal with the splash as it's long overdue but if the only way to get rid of the splash is upgrading to pro, than 500 bucks is too much for an app that is in beta stage.
    xyloFUN said:
    That is the best thing about the article!!!

The only thing I am interested in is if the cost of buying pro will come down accordingly.
    I have been on this forum for a few months now and don't think that the average game made with GS is generating $500.

It's a no brainer that he will deal with the splash as it's long overdue but if the only way to get rid of the splash is upgrading to pro, than 500 bucks is too much for an app that is in beta stage.

I actually think $500 is pretty Fair if they add some features. The no splash will be a boost for some users but I still don't think I would renew at 500 un less they add in app and GameCenter.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    +1
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Lets just hope they get it right this time, and it doesnt turn out to be another GS Direct style fiasco...

So far its sounding positive though if theyre looking to entice Pro users back into the fold. Im looking forward to hearing what their Pro plans are.

Im not sure that wanting "everyone to be an iOS developer" is necessarily a good thing though... :)

And yup... $500 a year for pro, if its properly supported with additional features, and has no forced splashscreen is more than reasonable for what it allows us to do.

I know theyve been raising money from venture funds, but at some point we have to let them start making profit from selling the actual software.
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    I'm hoping there's a bit in it for all. Gamecenter, no splash and IAP for PRO at the same price but allow dynamic url linking (not static) for all (free and pro) since I think that must be a one or two line of code to fix addition.

I hope their thinking is this ... starter gamers will flock to the free version but anyone sticking around and doing more than a hit and run is going to upgrade to pro at some point so keep some good stuff pro only but migrate some down to free as you go.
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    If pro had, Twitter/FB/GameCenter and no splash, I'd buy that for $500.
    the article says "doodle destroy" was created with GS but didn't the kid use corona instead?
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    Dizko said:
    If pro had, Twitter/FB/GameCenter and no splash, I'd buy that for $500.

Asymptoteell
    simo103 said:
    I'm hoping there's a bit in it for all. Gamecenter, no splash and IAP for PRO at the same price but allow dynamic url linking (not static) for all (free and pro) since I think that must be a one or two line of code to fix addition.

I hope their thinking is this ... starter gamers will flock to the free version but anyone sticking around and doing more than a hit and run is going to upgrade to pro at some point so keep some good stuff pro only but migrate some down to free as you go.

I dont think they should be adding any feature to non pro. Sorry but the softwares free. And while i'm not sure why They don't do dynamicURL for Pros it definitely should be a pro only if they got it. Sorry thats one mans opinion but the software is free as is. Shouldn't be adding anything to the free one
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Oh god, why do I have a bad feeling about this? I hope it is not another 'business direction' announcement
    would have been nice if a time range had been given .. our friends over in Europe and beyond are running out of time, and last time we were expecting a promised announcement, Friday slipped into Monday and my refresh button got so annoyed with me it actually sweared!
    it might add support for airplay since iOS 4.3 allows it......

bwahahahahahaha!!!!!

i couldn't keep a straight face lol
    tenrdrmer said:
    I dont think they should be adding any feature to non pro. Sorry but the softwares free. And while i'm not sure why They don't do dynamicURL for Pros it definitely should be a pro only if they got it. Sorry thats one mans opinion but the software is free as is. Shouldn't be adding anything to the free one

I hear you .. I know a lot of you have paid in a lot and also paid with sweat effort so I agree and understand if that's the opinion and also the result ... but I kind of like Apples way of doing things ... new stuff in at the old prices ... advances get moved down. Anyway not even a minor issue for me just wanted to post an opinion. A bit of future vision from GS team and more efficient app code would be great too.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    StusApps said:
    Oh god, why do I have a bad feeling about this? I hope it is not another 'business direction' announcement

Don't worry Stu. It'll be fine :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

This discussion has been closed.