Game Center Leaderboards in GameSalad 0.9.3

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
As many of you already know, and as CEO Steve Felter mentioned in our Roadmap, the next release of GameSalad will include access to Game Center Leaderboards. Since that announcement, there has been strong speculation from this community regarding Game Center as a "Pro Feature."

When GameSalad 0.9.3 launches during the second week of May, Game Center Leaderboards will debut as a Professional Feature.

As Steve stated when posting our team's first public roadmap, Professional members will receive priority access on a good deal of features. At the same time, we don't want to limit game functionality for anyone. Game Center Leaderboards does not prevent anyone from making a quality game, and is certainly not essential to game development. It is useful and can provide an excellent boost to a quality game, and that's why we made it a priority to deliver in 0.9.3.

Of course, that's not to say that things won't change down the road. Some Pro Features will go free, others will not. As each feature is completing its development cycle we will evaluate the proper way to roll it out to our community.

We think the addition of Game Center functionality adds a great deal of value to the Professional Membership and more is definitely on the way.

--Yodapollo

Comments

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Yodapollo said:
    When GameSalad 0.9.3 launches during the second week of May, Game Center Leaderboards will debut as a Professional Feature.

Good! Now I can go back to work.

Those not already Professional subscribers, now you have a really good reason to upgrade.
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Well that settles that, although I'm pretty sure we already knew this.

And I would just like to emphasize Yoda's sentiment that GC isn't a requirement to make quality games.
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    Great news! I will go Pro for sure!
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    Dang! I could've hoped for free right? I've saved about $250, getting there. :)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    GamersRejoice said:
    Dang! I could've hoped for free right? I've saved about $250, getting there. :)

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get there soon enough :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• olster1olster1 Member Posts: 396
    Photics said:
    Good! Now I can go back to work.

Those not already Professional subscribers, now you have a really good reason to upgrade.

Good!
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    Finally finished reading through the last thread. Thank you GS team for deciding to make this pro only. It is definitely the way to go. I'll be sure to spend my first (or maybe second) 500 on pro.
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    I'm glad were getting Gamecenter Leaderboards very soon thanks Gamesalad :)

Cheers, Weswog
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    The thing is. He already said this before. He is just forced to make another yellow post to please a few here who cant read or should I say understand what they are reading.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Jeffnichols said:
    The thing is. He already said this before. He is just forced to make another yellow post to please a few here who cant read or should I say understand what they are reading.

This post is different than what was stated before. There's no uncertainty here. There's no three weeks of wondering where Game Center is going to fall. Those that were wondering now know for sure. They can prepare. That's a good thing.

In three weeks you can make $500 with GameSalad. So instead of wondering, the community is better prepared. After reading your earlier posts...

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=22037

...why be grumpy towards the other developers that now more prepared for the future?
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    Yodapollo said:
    Game Center Leaderboards will debut as a Professional Feature.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

I'm joking :)
    I'm a big boy, I can handle it :)
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I am waiting for IAP and I will buy pro
  • PIXOMUSEPIXOMUSE Member Posts: 101
    Excellent news, good to hear, and great to finally see a roadmap too ! :)

I've been busy beavering away since I got my macbook pro learning the the ins and outs of gamesalad, I have the cash for pro, but it's not worth me upgrading at this point, due to the fact I'm still learning the software. Pro is definitely on my 'buy' list in the near future though. :)
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Nice.
    I Promised myself not to buy pro until the first bucks come in from my GS projects. I already put a lot of time in the projects and am on 3 now (in(since februari) the last might bring me some cash. But this option is very much making me re-think my strategy.
    Great work GS team. Really! I have worked for software companies in the past including the famous Quark but the problem always was their lack of listening to what customers want. you guys really do very good on this part.

Enough licking... back to making games ;)
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    Good choice GameSalad guess my upgrade to Pro wasn't in vain. Keep the features coming and bug fixes and eventually developers will have to pay up one way or another.
  • MrJCMrJC Member Posts: 20
    Is the price going to be higher?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Yes I will definitely be spending the $500 as soon as I release my first game.
  • heathccheathcc Member Posts: 113
    Thank you for letting us know! I'm not a pro member yet but I'm confident my soon to be released game will at least cover half the cost of going Pro.

At the end of the day, I'm glad you are making decisions that support the business model of keeping you moving forward and successful. GS has become a wonderful hobby for a guy who used to program but doesn't have the time to deal with syntax anymore.

Heath
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Just bought pro, haven't gotten it yet but it's great knowing that Gamecenter is going to be pro only.
    ozboybrian said:
    Yes I will definitely be spending the $500 as soon as I release my first game.

you know what oz, you keep on saying you are going to release your first game
    and your game is still not publish for 3 months
    calvin9403 said:

what about you calvin? You have mentioned your next game before as well.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    calvin9403 said:

you have no right to say that to anyone..
  • BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    you have no right to say that to anyone..

+100000000000
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    calvin9403 said:

My first Game took over 3 months to publish Calvin. Quality Games are not rushed out just to get them out. and honestly knowing what I know now. 3 months was no long enough for that game. I should have spent more time working on it and making it perfect.
    I mean he says he is going to publish it tomorrow, but is still not done since he says that

I just want to know when will he finish his game
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Calvin..... call me dumb but......could it be that maybe he hasnt released it yet is because he is trying to polish it up and make it right? Call me dumb but...ummmmm yeah.
    calvin9403 said:
    I mean he says he is going to publish it tomorrow, but is still not done since he says that

he never said he was gonna publish tomorrow, stop making stuff up man if only you knew how you make yourself look sometimes
    calvin9403 said:

I think you should worry about yourself and let other people make their games. He is obviously trying to polish it up and make it the best he can. Which is the way to go. Unless you just think the only important thing is to get the app out and not have quality count. Maybe he sees things he can change. I have heard you mention your app. what happened to that huh?

next time think before you post please.
    DreamLab said:
    I think you should worry about yourself and let other people make their games. He is obviously trying to polish it up and make it the best he can. Which is the way to go. Unless you just think the only important thing is to get the app out and not have quality count. Maybe he sees things he can change. I have heard you mention your app. what happened to that huh?

next time think before you post please.

he needs in app purchase remmeber ;)
This discussion has been closed.