GameSalad 0.9.4 - Fixes, Fixes, Fixes

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hey, everybody!

The patch to 0.9.3 is here! Due to our internal build system, this release will be labeled 0.9.4. Sorry folks, no new features included in this build, just fixes as it really is a patch to 0.9.3.

Issues resolved in this build include the profile corruption, causing legacy projects to not open in GameSalad 0.9.3, as well as a number of asset management issues that were causing image and sound assets to appear as white boxes or disappear all together.

NOTE: Fixes for profile corruption and asset corruption are forward facing, meaning that any project that was "corrupted" will remain so, but it will not occur with any projects going forward or with legacy projects that have not been opened with 0.9.3. Don't worry, all is not lost with these "corrupted" projects. There are workarounds to resolve the issues:

*For projects that will not open in 0.9.3: WORKAROUND
*For projects that are missing all images in 0.9.3: WORKAROUND

Once you have performed the workarounds, save as a new project and all is well.

If you experience any other issues with GameSalad 0.9.4, please send an email to BUGS at GameSalad dot com or use our web contact form.

Download GameSalad Creator 0.9.4 Beta now!

Detailed release notes are below:

*User profiles are no longer corrupted if they modify actor prototypes that have actor instances in the scene
*Users with file names that are all numbers (e.g. 0032.png) will now display correctly
*When users delete images, any AnimateBehaviors with a deleted image will update correctly
*When adding an image that has the same name is an existing image in the game project, if the user chooses to uniquely rename the actor, image will rename and display properly.
*When running the Viewer on an iPad, and previewing iPhone games, touch coordinates work properly.
*When using a rule, users can check to see if an image name contains a string
*When returning from pause, actors will not lose their images.
*When replacing an image in the game project with another image of the same name, any actors using the image will update properly.
*Previously, the Creator was downsampling images and incorrectly using the downsampled images in games on the iPad, leading to incorrect memory reports in 0.9.3. Now, the Creator will only downsample images for projects that are both on the iPhone and have Resolution Independence set.
*Projects with a corrupted asset list would not load properly. Creator now attempts to fix projects that have a corrupted assets list, or will remove corrupted listings so that user can correctly re-add assets.
*Images now correctly appear in the AnimateBehavior view
*Fixed missing images to Table Tennis template

--Yodapollo

Comments

• osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    THANK YOU YODA!!!

- Alex
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    :D thanks! Downloading And will test now if it fix my pause Bug!

Amazing, My pause bug was indeed fixed.

Thanks again!
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Sweeeeet, thanks for all the hard work to you and all the guys
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    Awesome thanks!
  • CelestialiCelestiali Member Posts: 55
    Very sweet news! Thanks a million!!!
  • hdeandahdeanda Member, PRO Posts: 55
    GREAT!!!!!
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    Yodapollo said:
    *User profiles are no longer corrupted if they modify actor prototypes that have actor instances in the scene

Does this mean that this has been fixed?

"Hello GameSalad,
    I'm not sure if you've heard of this yet but: I have locked instances on the screen. When I change the prototype it will not change the locked instance until I unlock it & then revert it to prototype. Has this been discussed yet?

Thank You,
    Matt
    NextGenEntertainment"
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @NextGenEntertainment

I just tested this again personally, and it seemed to work fine. I had multiple locked instances and was able to edit the prototype. Those changes took effect within the instances without having to unlock and revert. If you encounter anything different please report it to our QA and Development teams by using the BUGS email address or the contact form mentioned above. Thanks!

--Yodapollo
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    That's a great news! Please correct me if I'm wrong - is the huge Game Engine RAM Usage memory leak fixed? In GS 0.9.2 it was "jumping" up to 20 MB (quite normal for a big scene), but in GS 0.9.3 it was "jumping" even to 50 MB on the same scene.

Thank you!
  • dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    Really, I have to update and re-install the GS Viewer on my IPAD since I updated to .9.4. That just sucks. Is there a new video for doing this under the most recent version of x-code. I somehow was able to do it for .9.3 (even though the T-Shirtbooth video is old and not correct) but that was just luck. Can't even remember what I did to get it to work. I guess I just have to do trial and error again.
    @dotsonj23

Just forwarded this issue to the person that runs content for GameSalad Cookbook. He's working on getting an updated video recorded and uploaded to Cookbook very soon.

--Yodapollo
  • SoldierBullsSoldierBulls Member Posts: 61
    And the bug of Game Center landscape at the ipad is solved too?
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Thank you GS staff. I'm sure you all stayed up late and worked incredibly hard to get this out to us. You guys are great!
    @Mazapy9teen

This issue is not resolved. This is a much more complex issue and one that our developers are working hard at fixing as we speak. It turns out that Apple handles GC orientation on the iPad very differently from the way it handles it on the iPhone.

Rest assured this issue is only a cosmetic one in the end, and does not affect functionality of GameCenter. It will also not affect your GC iPad game getting accepted to the App Store.

The good news is that our dev team is working on this issue and, even better, it will not require a new build of Creator when it's ready. This is a live fix we can push to our server once it's complete. All you will need to do is update your apps once the fix is live.

--Yodapollo
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    This update feels pretty solid. I like it!
    dotsonj23 said:
    Really, I have to update and re-install the GS Viewer on my IPAD since I updated to .9.4. That just sucks. Is there a new video for doing this under the most recent version of x-code. I somehow was able to do it for .9.3 (even though the T-Shirtbooth video is old and not correct) but that was just luck. Can't even remember what I did to get it to work. I guess I just have to do trial and error again.

I basically do this...

• I change one line to com.photics.gamesalad - which is in the info section
    • Run the project on my device

That's it.
  • SoldierBullsSoldierBulls Member Posts: 61
    Thank you very very very very very much, yoda! That's what I though, that's an issue that can be resolved in your servers. Anyway, please, I'll be very granted if you tell us at the forum when is fixed. Thanks again!
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    I see nothing about sound fix and physics fix. =(
    Downloadin 0.9.4 a hope those are fixed...
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    Seriously? Still no sound? It's the only thing I needed fixed at this point in my learning/development. *sadface*
  • Mcreator83Mcreator83 Member Posts: 120
    ok so i skipped .93 because of the bugs but updated with .94 and when i open up one of my old projects i find many of the actors missing images... even showing images that are not supposed to show in an actor
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    so the image bugs still need to use the workaround before we can use 0.9.4 to open them?
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Ok so I was able to open my project fine in 0.9.3, but now after the update my project won't open. It just has the circular loading image going. I did the work around prior to the update to get it to open in 0.9.3 and it worked fine but now it won't open with this new update. I'll paste this in the web contact form, but I just wanted to post it here also.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Ok I figured out a work around. Each time I want to open the project I have to do the 0.9.3 work around again. A little annoying since it reverts back after a save but at least it works.

Thanks for the other fixes though!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• gurechangurechan Member, PRO Posts: 211
    The incoming call bug has not been fixed! This is very dissapointing, and means we can submit our game to Apple with this bug in it as it basically renders the game useless.

Come on GS, get this sorted, otherwise we are just wasting time and money using your bug riddled system.
  • macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    Testing beta at the moment. Verry responsive. Lickidisplit quick too.

Might update the blog so the "news" section of the opening window reflects these updates.
  • tsextrotsextro Member Posts: 25
    0.94 has now caused me a world of hurt. My app quits out of the blue .... is there any way I can get back to 0.93?
  • furrytofufurrytofu Member Posts: 13
    tsextro said:
    0.94 has now caused me a world of hurt. My app quits out of the blue .... is there any way I can get back to 0.93?

Perhaps you could be more specific?
  • crapscraps Member Posts: 353
    Any chance you guys could possible get this right?
    9.3 worked fine (for me) but now 9.4 does not!
    Really.
  • AngelGamesAngelGames Member Posts: 14
    My images are gone now in 0.9.4 as well as my sound effects...

Mr. Felter and Mr. Agustin, please get some serious developers. 0.9.4 is supposed to be better but it's only worse! Your reputation is on the line guys. What are your Venture capitalists going to think f they read the numerous posts from the GS community?

Get to work guys! Otherwise hand the company over to someone else!

You have cost me a lot of time and money!