GameSalad 0.9.4 - Fixes, Fixes, Fixes

Comments

• dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    Photics said:
    This update feels pretty solid. I like it!

I basically do this...

• I change one line to com.photics.gamesalad - which is in the info section
    • Run the project on my device

That's it.

Yes. That worked and much easier than before on old X-Code. I even used my old app identifier because I did not feel like creating a new provisioning profile and to my surprise it worked. Did not know you could do that.
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    I think I'm just gonna spend the next few weeks making kick ass graphics and sounds and not even think about GameSalad Creator for a while. I hate complaining about free and beta software. So I'm just gonna suck it up, stay active on the forums, and wait til a stable version happens, I guess.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    AngelGames said:
    My images are gone now in 0.9.4 as well as my sound effects...

Mr. Felter and Mr. Agustin, please get some serious developers. 0.9.4 is supposed to be better but it's only worse! Your reputation is on the line guys. What are your Venture capitalists going to think f they read the numerous posts from the GS community?

Get to work guys! Otherwise hand the company over to someone else!

You have cost me a lot of time and money!

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=23983
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    So far I'm happy with this. From what I can tell my game is perfectly intact and ready to go. :)
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Disappointed =( Cursed updates of death.

I had a set of rules containing booleans that turned images on and off. Doesn't work.

A small animation that started showing a white box. I dragged an image over the box then hit "Undo" and that works now.

But those images are crucial. VERYYYYYYY Glad I back up my saves.
  • CelestialiCelestiali Member Posts: 55
    Tshirt, Thx for the video!
  • NesesitaGamesNesesitaGames Member Posts: 160
    Thanks so much, Yoda! And now, back to work... :)
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    thanks TSB and YODA

After downloaded 0.9.4, some of my sound files doesn't work!

any idea?
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    This update is BAD and I'm ANGRY:( I cant work on my game now( images replaced with white boxes but they are still in the gameproj-folder). I hope I'm getting some extra week on my pro membership, cause the software is broken right now.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Anyone having problems with game center on ipad....it's not reconizing my adhoc build when i try and log in.

Darren.
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Guys, remember its beta software. You are expected to know the risks of beta software (it doesn't work properly all of the time). For the game salad creators I suggest putting in a disclaimer when you install it. I have seen it with other beta programs :)

Thanks guys 9.4 is awesome :)

Tshirt booth, thanks for that video on GS viewer its one of the harder points of getting GS to work a lot of people will be thankful :)
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    Erm updated 0.9.4 and still getting white missing images. open project file and check image folder everything is intact, changed xxxxxxxx.gsuser to test.gsuser. reopen project images still missing. then drag in new image to replaced can see updated image but when run preview still white boxes. Then save and reopen project, back to square one nothing was saved. only rules could be changed and saved but not images ???? why why why?
  • LuckyLurcherLuckyLurcher Member Posts: 343
    I have the exact same problem as mentioned by GLGames :(
  • hdeandahdeanda Member, PRO Posts: 55
    I feel bad for the people having big problems with GameSalad's latest build. All your work is in a stressful limbo. But I feel bad for GameSalad too because I know these problems are not happening to everyone. I opened a project saved in 9.2 with 96 different images and 13 different animations and 23 different sounds and music and I haven't found anything wrong with 0.9.4 . I opened smaller projects from 0.9.2 and haven't found any issues. I did notice that you can't drag or copy sounds/music from one project to another. I am using an older mac mini with Intel Core Duo and 1 GB ram. I love the fact that I don't have to restart GS all the time!
  • JolandaJolanda Member Posts: 82
    I also have the exact same problem as mentioned by GLGames.
    And no sounds of course.

But after all: thanks for the update!
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    dhondon said:
    ... I hope I'm getting some extra week on my pro membership, cause the software is broken right now.

Personally, for good will and supporting the supporters, GameSalad should start the official Pro Account year with the official 1.0 version.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Hey, everybody!

Thanks for the feedback so far on 0.9.4.

For those with additional image issues, please recheck our WORKAROUND thread. I've received an updated workaround from the guys in QA. If that does not resolve the problem, please email us at BUGS at GameSalad dot com if you haven't already. Our QA team is digging through and verifying all the issues we receive.

For those having sound issues, our QA team is also verifying and diagnosing those issues as we speak. As soon as I get an update from them, I will pass it along on this thread.

Thanks again, everyone.

--Yodapollo
  • Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Member, PRO Posts: 194
    I was also getting the white boxes of death when i tried to preview on my phone (all images appear fine on the viewer on the mac). all images are present in image folder. I published an ad-hoc version of my app to test and all images appeared as they should when i tested it. I then saved and closed my game and then re-opened my game without restarting GS and voila all my images are working again. weird...
    Thank you for the update Yoda! I recommend my fellow developers to keep things on the positive side. I know there are still some technical issues but the GS folks are doing their best to make it all perfect.

Having a positive attitude will also reflect on your project and on your day-to-day creative challenges.

Sincerely,

Salomon Gill
    Celestial Interactive
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Celestiali said:
    Thank you for the update Yoda! I recommend my fellow developers to keep things on the positive side. I know there are still some technical issues but the GS folks are doing their best to make it all perfect.

Having a positive attitude will also reflect on your project and on your day-to-day creative challenges.

Sincerely,

Salomon Gill
    Celestial Interactive

I like this attitude better than that of the other name you post under. Keep it up.

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Thank you Quantum! I don't get your comment though...
  • epsilonstudiosepsilonstudios Member Posts: 40
    I can't publish games now! it gives me an error " your account does not have the correct permissions." is anyone having this problem?
  • Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Member, PRO Posts: 194
    epsilonstudios said:
    I can't publish games now! it gives me an error " your account does not have the correct permissions." is anyone having this problem?

try logging out of the creator and back in again, usually fixes it for me
  • tsextrotsextro Member Posts: 25
    tsextro said:
    0.94 has now caused me a world of hurt. My app quits out of the blue .... is there any way I can get back to 0.93?

Luckily my issues were related to 3 explanation screens about the app I'm working on so I was able to easily recreate them pretty quickly and everything seems to be working again.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Dude! Please Fix 0.94 Resolution Independece Problem, im a Pro member and NEED a solution, I Must Publish Tomorrow!
  • FogelbergFogelberg Member Posts: 103
    Tested 9.4 last night on my major update on my PLOP Master game. I was affected by the image bug in several ways. Background disappearing when pausing and sometimes other images as well. Now it all seems to work again. :)
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    MagoNicolas said:
    Dude! Please Fix 0.94 Resolution Independece Problem, im a Pro member and NEED a solution, I Must Publish Tomorrow!

+1
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    Hi guys, for those with pro account, on the iPad 2, do you experience a short 0.5 seconds of your splash screen, followed by another 0.5 seconds of white screen, and then to your main game.

This is quite strange because before 0.94, it wasn't like this. I think there is a bug on the plash screen for iPad.
  • AmrEl-HagryAmrEl-Hagry Member Posts: 29
    I dont have Pro account and my game crashes on loading screen. It tries to connect to Game Center each time i load my app. GS you still need to differentiate between and Pro and Non Pro users. If im not a Pro member then i cant fix this bug.