Kill The King is in the app store!

13»

Comments

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Record mode keeps track of the fewest shots you can beat the 16 levels in.
  • CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
    I knew what Record mode does, but it seemed to be there when I first loaded the game. I didn't play in that mode, I started with Classic mode. When I finished Classic mode it said a new mode was now unlocked, but all there was was Classic and Record, and they had both been there all along. The message suggested that a new mode had been unlocked.

Incidentally, Record mode isn't too much fun in the third area. There are so many levels in that area that require perfect timing, and if you're slightly off it can immediately cost you 9 shots, because the big ball gets into a stuck position if your timing (and direction sometimes) wasn't perfect. You then have to fire off the remaining shots just to have another go.

In the case of level 3-16, it is possible to do that level in one shot, but if things are going wrong for you, it can take a very long time. I think just now it took about 200 shots.

My Record scores for areas 1 and 2 are 98 and 109.
    Well if you try to press record mode before it is unlocked, a message pops up saying that you have to beat classic first. You probably just never clicked it before...

And the button at the bottom right restarts the level without costing you shots. So if you start off badly you can simply restart.

And the update with updated controls and bug fixes is in review!
    >And the button at the bottom right restarts the level without costing you shots. So if you start off badly you can simply restart.

No Way! Here comes some lower scores...
    I've improved my scores, I now have 71 75 116.
    Wow really? Thats around where my scores were, but with the new control system I got level 1 in 36 shots.

The update should be through any day now.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    love this game, have finished all the levels....will post some score once I've done it again a bit better.

how are sales going?
    They seem to be hovering around 100 a day now.

And thanks for playing the game! I am interested to see how everyone else does score wise. Since I made the game and played it so much throughout development and testing, I can't really tell what is hard anymore.

I will say that I think level 3-14 is the hardest, though.
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    100 a day is still better than nothing. Good job, I love your game!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    100 a day is excellent - sincere congrats! :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

I had a better run in level 3, so now I'm at 71 75 74. Looking forward to the new controls! BTW, could you update the web game to use the new controls?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    100 a day is awesome Eastbound! Congrats! Imagine if you got featured how many you'd sell!
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    100 a day? Dang, Eastbound, you crazy!

I hope we can all hit that level of success or even better a few time each! Hear, hear!

I'm sure tsb and fmg have both as well.

I'm sooo jealous. If I cannot recoup my Mac and device investments, my SO is going to be one PO'ed SO.

:-)
    Haha well thanks everyone! I, too hope everyone does this well. It's a well paying hobby to say the least :p

I can't wait for the ability to collaborate, though. We should all make a Wario Ware-esque mini-game game when it becomes available!
    lol I'm working on a Wario Ware type game now, should be ready in a week or so....

BUT, That would be a nice game to collaborate on!

By the way Eastbound, what is your ranking?
    Theyre going down :(

I'm 90th in puzzles in the US, doing better in some other countries. But I'll be completely out of the top 100 soon.
    That's great that you're in the top 100 though! Fingers crossed you get featured! Then you can bring your price up to a 1.99 and watch your money grow!
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Okay, I finally bought your game. Lots of fun! I dropped you a shot review and 5 stars.
  • HugeGraphicsHugeGraphics Member Posts: 81
    Finally got KTK, great game. You should see a new 5 star review today.