Blazing Application's TOTB3 Thread

BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
More to come...

Comments

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Rock on and welcome to the world of pain and fish. Good luck!

kipper
  • BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
    Ok since some people are posting there ideas, I will also. Feedback or comments would be great. This is just a rough idea I want to fully develop the story before I start.

Diving Adventure Game-
    Background:
    When Steven was only 15 years old his brother John was a world wide famous diver. John had found many great prehistoric fish and many fossils in his career. Going from Australia to Cuba to The Oprah Show was a normal week for him. That was until his ironic death... Steve told the police "Sunday night I received a suspicious call from his brother. It was John, he sounded awful. He told me that night that he was in great danger, and that he would never see me again. Then he told me about the Frilled Shark and he said that I will have to find it and continue his legacy. I had no idea where he was. There was a long silence after that, and I could hear a high pitch noise in the background getting loader. Then line went dead." Johns body was never seen again.

Now:
    After John's death, Steve started training to become a diver. It took years of work and hours of training each day for him to get the hang of things. He researched the mysterious Frilled Shark, and joined a diving team.

In the game:
    As you travel from continent to continent, exploring the great unknown of the ocean you play Steve the 36 year old diver.

Crew:
    Steve, main character/diver
    Dave, the boats pilot
    Alex, Steve's business partner/long time friend
    Sidney, oceanographer

The team starts out in North America and travel from continent to continent trying to find the all and mighty Frilled Shark, and solve the mystery of Steve's brother.

Info known on Frilled Shark:
    This deep sea predator, one of the most primitive sharks alive today, is a relic from the Cretaceous period, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Seldom seen alive, and only recently filmed for the first time, the frilled shark can grow up to 10 meters and they live in very deep waters, where they feed mostly on squid. We know very little about them and we think only a few are alive today . Only dead or dying specimens are usually seen and recorded by fishermen or scientists.

The only picture of the Frilled Shark:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Throughout the game you dive to find clues and hints that will lead you closer to the mysterious shark, and your brother's death. You must also collect equipment along the way that will let you dive deeper, or maybe even see in the deepest waters. Earn money to buy items at the shop. Just make sure you have enough air to survive or you will lose!

7 Continents = 7 worlds
    and tons of mini games

And when you solve the mystery and find the Shark you will be able to play any of the mini games or start the adventure again.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Neat story concept dude. Good luck!

So when you find the shark, what happens......
    JK I don't want the spoilers.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

Video Log #1-
    Scuba Steve's basic movement is finished

• outasiteoutasite Member Posts: 417
    Scuba Steve.. Hah.

"like"
    NICE
    Okay. I constrained the small square to the mouse x and y position and look what happens:

Why doesn't it stay with the mouse?
    Video Log #2-
    Graphics are added to give idea of what the game will look like.

Your graphics are amazing. So I'm sure you will be animating his swimming.

Also when I go scuba diving I do not swim upside down. "Hard to see what is around me, and we don't want to get our gear snagged. So I would recommend to you: as Scuba Steve begins to go upside down, have him turn right side up.
  • XLWolfyXLWolfy Member Posts: 67
    How did u do the AMAZING water effect?
    Video Log #3-
    Air tank meter is added. I made the meter go down when your in the water and if you are on the surface it will start going back up. Also added a boat and some animation to the water.

Nice! I don't know how realistic you are going for, but if you ascend to fast, you risk the chance of getting the benz. (very painful all of the extra carbon dioxide in your blood expands and pops the blood cells).

Usually a good rule of thumb is to never swim up faster then your bubbles.
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Water effect looks great, how was it done ?

What i want is a water effect like the one in iMovie, that one is epic.
    it is from imovie! haha
    Video Log #4-
    Menu is about 10% done.

BlazingApplications said:
    it is from imovie! haha

Why don't i have it? (where is it?) and What version?
    BTW great work
    Applealltheway said:
    Why don't i have it? (where is it?) and What version?
    BTW great work

Thanks
    Thats exactly what i have!!!

Where can you find it?

Thanks a lot!!
    Applealltheway said:
    Thats exactly what i have!!!

Where can you find it?

Thanks a lot!!

Make a new project then add text with the ocean theme.
    are we aloud to use the one from iMovie ?

JamieOneil
    I don't think we can, the rights belong to Apple.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    The reason it doesn't stay with the mouse is because you need to add the camera X & Y position to the constrain on the mouse when your scene is bigger than 480x320.

Darren.
    Thanks Darren.
  • DuafoursevengamesDuafoursevengames Member Posts: 26
    Looking good!Agree water effect look great.

M.Shah.
    Came up with a name today:
    The Mystery of the Lost Diver

What do you guys think?
    Video Log #5-
    Basically, today was a thinking day. I got my big white board out, erased all the level designs and wrote out the plot.

Menu-15% done, I added some more animation and made the fish move when it is pressed.
    Gameplay-2% done, I added a map to the top left hand corner and added text when you start.

I was also contacting artist today trying to find the perfect one at the right cost.

• AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    nice. One comment though i think your minimap is a bit big maybe you could reduce the size a bit. I love your sea BG.
  • JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    The swimming movement looks really good! And it's not even animated yet!

I agree about the minimap (if that's what it is in the upper left corner). It's so big it kind of takes away from the rest of it.

- Jeff
    Thanks a lot for the advice. Please keep it coming :)

Here is an updated screen shot. Is it still to big?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BlazingApplications said:
    Video Log #5-
    Basically, today was a thinking day. I got my big white board out, erased all the level designs and wrote out the plot.

Menu-15% done, I added some more animation and made the fish move when it is pressed.
    Gameplay-2% done, I added a map to the top left hand corner and added text when you start.

I was also contacting artist today trying to find the perfect one at the right cost.

You said 'I was also contacting artist today trying to find the perfect one at the right cost.'

You have to do your own artwork in this one ? :/
    And i can't wait to see your diver when you finish making it :)
    JamieOneil said:
    You said 'I was also contacting artist today trying to find the perfect one at the right cost.'

You have to do your own artwork in this one ? :/
    And i can't wait to see your diver when you finish making it :)

No, it is not mandatory to create your own artwork for the contest. Why does every one think that? :)