THE SOUND BUG IS SO ANNOYING!!!

2»

Comments

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    HOLY LORD MARY!

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

I downloaded Audacity, and tried saving to LOTS of different formats. Nothing. Always get MUSIC and no SOUNDFX.

Then I tried CAF ULAW and CAF ALAW, and they work!! They work in the Game Salad normal game preview viewer thing.

YES!

To save in these formats, just download Audacity for free here...
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/beta_mac

And click File > Export,
    then in the Format dropdown box, select "Other uncompressed files",
    then select the Options button, select...

Header: CAF (Apple Core Audio File)
    Encoding: A-Law or U-Law.

Then, proceed to rock the casbah.

All the best, and now I'm happy. Geez that was an ordeal.
  • lildragnlildragn Member Posts: 105
    Awesome to hear Hymloe! I have the same configuration as you and have been experiencing the same exact issues. Our Core Duo macs are considered "vintage" according to Apple, so we'll have to make due until GS devs fix this or we just upgrade :)

Thx for sharing your findings.

~t
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    Well, I guess that's a solution. But the need to go through all that is one of the reasons I'm disillusioned about GS lately. :(
  • wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
    Hi JPickard (or anyone),
    Any chance you could email me a Project file (small) with a single sound in it that doesn't work?
    Been doing lots of tests to simulate the problem, but all OK our end.

Cheers
    Wayne
  • lildragnlildragn Member Posts: 105
    Hiya Wayne, honestly for me it's any in the new section on the dashboard. I can count the number of ones that work so far on one hand minus 3 fingers ;)

~t
  • GuruGuru Member Posts: 8
    I've got the same problem, sound doesn;t play at all on GS.9.85 on Macbook Intel dual core. Never happened earlier, probably the update.
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    Guru, well on my coreduo imac the only thing that worked is Hymloe's solution. I really really wish they would fix this. arghhhh.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    wow this thread is still alive!

I don't have any more sound prob since then(didn't try the buggy 0.9.85 though)

CAlvin