☻☻☻Artist Wanted For Major Project☻☻☻

RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
Hello Everyone,
In about 2-3 weeks I will be starting a massive project with loads of potential. I cannot explain much about this project publicly, but if you are interested in trying out for the job feel free to email me at matthewredler@gmail.com I am mainly looking to profit share around 15%, as this could be the #1 grossing app in many countries (email for more information). If you are not interested at all in profit sharing, please still try & shoot me an email & we may be able to make a deal.

PS - I am looking for cartoony style.

Thank you,
Matt
NextGen

Comments

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Try 50%
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    Try 80%
    3d10 said:
    Try 80%

If its an GS projects this might be fair:)

I do all my code,music and graphics myself. And the part that that takes the most time is the graphics.

If its only worth 15%, you should try doing the graphics yourself. And soon realize that it takes months/years of training to make good graphics.
    @Dhondon

Can you do some pixel art or isometrics.I have not really tried but many times i miss the part.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    15% LOL
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    it is not a GameSalad project, this game is no where near possible in GameSalad. I can assure you that.
    and what does it being gamesalad or not have anything to do with profit share?...
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    and what does it being gamesalad or not have anything to do with profit share?...

This -
    3d10 said:
    Try 80%

dhondon said:

• DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    Lets not have a hating session on NextGen! 15% could be acceptable but it all depends on how much artwork he needs etc. Normally 40/50% would be acceptable but as I said really depends on so many variables select to the project.

Cheers.
    NextGen said:
    This -

again ill ask what does that have to do with profit share? there messing with you if u didnt relize that...

@ possesive gaming: no ones hating, 15% is pretty much an insult. He said this game is so huge you cant even do it in gamesalad..
    3d10 said:
    @Dhondon

Can you do some pixel art or isometrics.I have not really tried but many times i miss the part.

Not to skilled at pixel or iso. But I'm going to do some training the next months. Get several requests each month about pixel art.

@NextGen What type of game is this? Maybe you can give an approximate on number of graphical pieces. I'm not sure what you can write to justify that extremely low %
    Well, it is a tycoon game like Tiny Zoo, but this one will appear to a much larger audience because of the idea of the game. There is as much art as a game like Tiny Zoo or Tiny Chef. It will be developed in Corona. It will be published to iOS & Android.

Matt
    @Dhondon
    The same goes here.I had to refuse people for the pixel art.ANd most of them ask for the pixel art.Thats why i was asking that.
    Yes training for it is a good option.BUt really dont get any time from other commitments.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    NextGen said:
    Well, it is a tycoon game like Tiny Zoo, but this one will appear to a much larger audience because of the idea of the game. There is as much art as a game like Tiny Zoo or Tiny Chef. It will be developed in Corona. It will be published to iOS & Android.

Matt

No offense, but if your developing it in corona, they have their own forums.
    I'm active in both communities, just looking for an artist :D
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Well, when I wanted to work on that project, I didn't know Corona. The AI controls are not possible in GameSalad as I wanted the blade to make human-like decisions about when to attack, when to defend, to move around blocks only when to attack, move behind blocks to defend itself etc.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    So you mean your active in Corona and still keep coming here griping about How GameSalad is not good enough for you.
    @Tenrdrmer
    Nice to see you again -.- I never said GameSalad is not good enough for me. Just because this project I have is not possible in GameSalad, does not mean GameSalad isn't good enough for me? This project will give me and an artist amazing opportunities & I am pursuing it.

Don't judge me because of that? It's pretty low.
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    I just want to inform you all that I have no idea about this project but in past he used his smartness and I gave him art icon as per his requirement and after 1 month still I dont have what I was expecting from him. He is very good and smart in excuses. So its upto only. All I want to say "Beware"
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    I haven't had any problems with NextGen. I always use his help. In fact he is the only one that cares to help.

Most people here are hungry for promo codes and have their little groups they deal with. I asked for help so many times and I either get no reply or the wrong info. But NextGen has always helped. Always keeps you informed with the project helps.

People should know who's who in the forums by now, NextGen has been here for a long time so some respect needs to be shown because you never know what help you might need in the future.
    Yes i have always seen Nextgen being questioned.Dont Know WHy.

@RKS
    Yes I Do HAve A BRokEn KEyboard.Can yOu Give me One OF YoUrs.
    lets try to keep this on topic please
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @John I was just want to informed other people and warn them Beacuse I know what happend with me. Seems like I can see forceful reviews. No more comments.

Sorry John
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    dhondon said:

I do all my code,music and graphics myself. And the part that that takes the most time is the graphics.

If its only worth 15%, you should try doing the graphics yourself. And soon realize that it takes months/years of training to make good graphics.

I can completely understand where you're coming from, but if I ever go down the profit sharing route, 15%, to my mind, is about right.

It's not that I do not appreciate the effort and time it takes to make great graphics, or their importance when trying to sell a game.

But really, think of what the other person's doing. Imagining the game. Creating the game mechanics. Sourcing or making music for the game. Actually *building* the game. Then testing it. Then releasing it on an account they've had to pay for. Then marketing it.

These things, combined, take up a far larger chunk of time, I'd argue, compared to making graphics. I think Darren from Utopian games actually said a similar thing a while back in relation to how he split the proceeds from his games amongst the team.

It will of course vary from game to game. Making a 'catch the coconuts' game is far less taxing than a Metroidvania style game with huge depth to it.

I am in no way saying art isn't important - I hope you know that! But it takes months if not years of training to get good at the stuff I mentioned as well.

Cheers,

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306
    dhondon said:
    And the part that that takes the most time is the graphics.

It depends on the game....My game required 1500$ of graphics but 1 year of development!
    And It depends on your "coding" and your artist skills
  • gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306
    NextGen said:
    @Tenrdrmer
    Nice to see you again -.- I never said GameSalad is not good enough for me. Just because this project I have is not possible in GameSalad, does not mean GameSalad isn't good enough for me? This project will give me and an artist amazing opportunities & I am pursuing it.

Don't judge me because of that? It's pretty low.

We don't know what the project is, but if it's not a 3g game you should first ask to Tshirt and Orbz before you say it's impossible in GS :)
  • entersimonentersimon Member, PRO Posts: 273
    The problem here is attractiveness of the offer being associated to a vague variable. I'm in agreement with QS here because typically, gameplay development should take as much as 80% of the physical work done in a dynamic and deep game.

That is, of course, only true if you're looking to have a game with extremely smooth gameplay, extremely smooth user interaction, and tight/resource friendly programming. If you don't really care about that then it could be as little as 20% of the work. I wouldn't want to be a part of a project like that though.

Profit sharing is fine so long as there is a history to back up the value of that 15%. If it's known that past games you've created have made $100k+, then the value of that 15% becomes attractive, and you may very well be able to attract designers that are of the quality to bring graphics that will maintain or grow that $100k+ track record.

If on the other hand you have a history of making games that gross $1k, then you're going to attract designers that will maintain that trend.

Perhaps offering a monetary figure to the job with the option of profit sharing on a sliding scale. The better the game does, the higher the % of profit received. This way you'll attract the right designers for what you can afford, and also give them incentive to work even harder because of the possibility of even more money if the game is successful.
    gamevicci said:
    We don't know what the project is, but if it's not a 3g game you should first ask to Tshirt and Orbz before you say it's impossible in GS :)

Trust me it's not possible in GameSalad :P
    Everyone Here Knows That not EVery thing Is Possible with gs.But gs is more than enough for us.
    The QUestion Here Was For the percentage of share a artist would be getting.
    Not of what is possible in gs or whats not possible in gs.